Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ontario EVIP rebates update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got a surprise letter from the program today - basically a short "we're watching you" note reminding me that the terms of the program still apply even though it was shut down, mainly the requirement to keep the vehicle for 12 months. I figured that was the case anyway but I did wonder if they'd really keep the lights on to do checks.

Even something as ‘sinister’ as a spousal transfer within the 365 days will void the incentive.....8 months to get the rebate and 1 month after to get the threatening letter. Bottom line is if your car is written off have it towed to your driveway, keep it plated, and drag out the insurance claim until 366 days after delivery before you settle.
We’re watching you.........

1C2AA8FB-15E1-4B7C-BE80-36831002327F.jpeg

• Informative
Reactions: 5_+JqckQttqck
More of the general public is happy on the cancellation than those who want it to continue. The Carbon taxes were a big part of the Liberal defeat in Ontario and I suspect the same thing will happen to Justin federally.

Hi Adaptabl, your dealer, not Tesla if I remember, was doing a great job to make sure you were on the 'List', others are not so fortunate.

Reactions: 5_+JqckQttqck
It's more of a reminder letter to not vote for them in the next election in 2022 ;)

They do that so we cannot go back and say WE DON'T know about the requirement, just like what is happening to all those guys that didn't get the rebate because they are not on the 'List'.

I repeat, drive safe and don't get into an accident, within first year, whereby your Tesla is totaled. It would be at least non refundable $14,000 damage whether you are at fault or not. Please Drive Safe.

Did everyone get their charger rebate? I submitted mine on June 15, 2018, but have not received it yet. I got the vehicle rebate already. I called MOF and they mentioned that everybody should have got their rebate on March 25th. They mentioned that are writing a report to investigate why mine didn't get paid out yet and get back to me. Not sure if others are on the same boat.

Did everyone get their charger rebate? I submitted mine on June 15, 2018, but have not received it yet. I got the vehicle rebate already. I called MOF and they mentioned that everybody should have got their rebate on March 25th. They mentioned that are writing a report to investigate why mine didn't get paid out yet and get back to me. Not sure if others are on the same boat.

I received my charger rebate on March 19th via direct deposit from MTO. I submitted my application at the same time as the my car on Sept 10th. I have yet to receive my car rebate from the MOF but I did get the email on Feb 26th saying i was approved. Hopefully it comes soon - would much rather have the $14k vs. $0.5k :)

When did you get your approval email?
Also did they send an email saying they sent the cheque? Still waiting for mine and getting concerned.

If I were you, I would email them right away asking the status of your application, don't delay it.

They are going to shut it down by March 30, that means you only have one more business day, and to be honest, it may be too late.

Most of us, get approval email on Feb 26. I really hope you got approved already, they just didn't send you notification.

Reactions: adaptabl
If I were you, I would email them right away asking the status of your application, don't delay it.

They are going to shut it down by March 30, that means you only have one more business day, and to be honest, it may be too late.

Most of us, get approval email on Feb 26. I really hope you got approved already, they just didn't send you notification.

I have emailed already. Twice this week. I got my approval email on Feb 28 but no word since then.

Anyone have a number I can call?

When did you get your approval email?
Also did they send an email saying they sent the cheque? Still waiting for mine and getting concerned.
Yes, the email is as follows. Send them an email right away to inquire! I hope they just forgot to send you an email while the cheque is coming. I think most of us got the cheque last week.

Hello,

MTO has reviewed your application for the Electric and Hydrogen Vehicle Incentive Program (EHVIP) and it has been approved for payment.

Payments generally take 10-15 business days to be processed. All payments are being issued by cheque and not by Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT). The incentive will be paid to the applicant listed on the application.

If there has been a change of address from what was listed on the application, please notify MTO as soon as possible.

Thank you,
EHVIP Team

I have emailed already. Twice this week. I got my approval email on Feb 28 but no word since then.

Anyone have a number I can call?

Okay, then you are fine. What a relief, I thought you didn't get any email from them.

It does take them a while to issue the cheque. They typically won't respond to your email once you get approval email. I didn't receive mine until Last Thursday (chequed dated March 18), so hopefully, you will get yours by tomorrow.

I thought you didn't get a confirmation email..... You'll be fine. It just takes time.
I got a approval email but mine sounds different.

This is to confirm that we have received your documents and your application is now in line for payment. Please note that due to the volume of applications in line for payment this process will take a minimum of 3 weeks.

Thank you,

EHVIP Team

It has now been way over 3 weeks and I followed up twice this week to see what the status is.

I got a approval email but mine sounds different.

It has now been way over 3 weeks and I followed up twice this week to see what the status is.

No worries. I did sent them couple of email after that, but they didn't respond either, I guess because cheque is in the mail; for sure they won't email me anymore as the cheque has been deposited. :)

This kind of snail mail is bothersome to say the least, no way to track it.

Congrats!
Interesting though... no Feb 28th approval email cheques seem to have been sent out yet. The wait continues for me.
True, same here.

What's especially frustrating is that my initial application submission had All the required supports and I practically forwarded the documents from my original email when they asked for more information. Now that 2 day delay in approval seem to be adding another half month to getting the actual payment, smh.