Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ontario EVIP rebates update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello. Long time lurker, first time poster.

I don't think anyone would care about old thread coming back again, but I had to ask:
- Submitted application last June 5th
- Approved March 28
- No cheque or updates so far

Trying to reach them via email ([email protected]) do not seem to work anymore. No responds.

So here's my question: Am I the only chap with misfortune, or are others in similar situation as I am?

Thanks

Lost in the mail? Try calling Canada Post. Why they didn't use electronic deposits is beyond reason...

I don't think anyone would care about old thread coming back again, but I had to ask:
- Approved March 28

Trying to reach them via email ([email protected]) do not seem to work anymore. No responds.

So here's my question: Am I the only chap with misfortune, or are others in similar situation as I am?

Thanks

Approved March 28th? Ouch that's a huge gap... I submitted my application on May 22nd last year, and got the funds in November..

- Approved March 28

Thanks

Not sure why things are so delayed for you. I submitted June 29th or somewhere just before July 1st. Got payment in February. Not sure I got any sort of notice of approval... just a cheque showed up one day. I don't know who you'd contact, but I was paid months ago, and submitted almost a month after you did...

- Approved March 28

Thanks

Did you change your address? Remember, ministry mail is not being forwarded.

- Approved March 28

Thanks

I suggest you contact the Ombudsman's office, there's details floating around on these threads somewhere. They were helpful to me.

I thank everyone who had time to look at my post, as well as providing helpful responses.

My address did not change, and I hope to believe that it's just honest mistake where mail is lost.

Considering my difficulty of contacting EVIP team for update, I will take the suggestion and contact Ombudsman's office. Will come back and post if there's anything new.

Thank you everyone. Have a good day.

- Approved March 28

Thanks

I think something has gone amiss. The cheque could have been lost. Perhaps you could try calling the phone number(s) that were on the form that you completed and submitted. On mine, the numbers are: Ministry of Finance at 905-433-5939 or 1-866-668-8297. My form also had a different email than the one you list above: [email protected].

Hope this helps and good luck.

Following up.

I've contacted ombudsman, and they were really nice and helpful.

Turns out, cheque was lost and new one is being sent out.

Thanks everyone for your input and will come back to let you know once the cheque arrives.

Have an outstanding day.

That's great. Couple of things to remember:
1. When your new cheque arrives in the mail, cash it immediately,
2. If by some miracle your original cheque ever turns up in the mail, do not ever cash it - just shred it.

Reactions: navguy12
I did sure did - although I got a letter most probably haven’t. I decided to sell my 3 and keep my S and it closed 2 days after my year anniversary. I received a letter from the Government a week later saying that even through the rebate program was over that I had to abide by the terms and conditions and they would contact me again if I was in violation. That was about six weeks ago and nothing else still - but I’m pretty sure I abided correctly. :)

I did sure did - although I got a letter most probably haven’t. I decided to sell my 3 and keep my S and it closed 2 days after my year anniversary. I received a letter from the Government a week later saying that even through the rebate program was over that I had to abide by the terms and conditions and they would contact me again if I was in violation. That was about six weeks ago and nothing else still - but I’m pretty sure I abided correctly. :)

I received the same letter about 6 months ago. 6 months after I purchased the Model 3 I still have.

Reactions: navguy12