Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ontario green plates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I know tesla get the plates for you .is there an option that I can go to ministry to get it and ask them for the desired last numbers or even can tesla can look into this

the plates are stamped sequentially and then given to service Ontario. I don’t believe you can order a specific one, but you can always ask a service Ontario after you take delivery to see if they have a number in stock you’d like. Tesla won’t be able to help you with this as they have no control over what their local service Ontario will have available.

when I took delivery, I actually had a blue plate for which I was reimbursed by Tesla when I located a Green plate! That’s how popular these cars are!

the plates are stamped sequentially and then given to service Ontario. I don’t believe you can order a specific one, but you can always ask a service Ontario after you take delivery to see if they have a number in stock you’d like. Tesla won’t be able to help you with this as they have no control over what their local service Ontario will have available.

when I took delivery, I actually had a blue plate for which I was reimbursed by Tesla when I located a Green plate! That’s how popular these cars are!
Don't tesla owners have option of getting plate from ministry and take to tesla.at least that way I get to ask them for numbers that I want .

I don't think so but in theory that should be fine. Our beloved moderator, @Doug_G, had the first one GVAA 001:
Ontario Buyers: Green Plates vs Normal Plates

Yes I was the very first to get a green vehicle plate. I actually delayed licensing my car for a couple of weeks for that - and the rebate! Despite that, I was lucky to get the 001 plate because it happened to be available at the office where my car was registered.

7520DB1D-5A1D-45A2-95ED-5572D66379CC.jpeg

If I put a personalized plate on my Tesla can I still use the HOV lanes in Ontario?
No, because there is no such thing as a personalized Green plate and it is the fact that your car has Green plates, not that you are driving an EV, that allows you to use HOV lanes.

edit - To clarify a bit more, Green plates start with GV or VE (en francais) to make it easier to identify the fact that they are "special".

Reactions: TrevTremaine
No, because there is no such thing as a personalized Green plate and it is the fact that your car has Green plates, not that you are driving an EV, that allows you to use HOV lanes.

edit - To clarify a bit more, Green plates start with GV or VE (en francais) to make it easier to identify the fact that they are "special".
Where are the VE plates being issued? Saw it on a Taycan in Toronto and another on a Lincoln SUV in London

We have both a Tesla and Ford Fusion PHEV. The Ford operates about 90% of the time in EV mode, even in gas mode the thing gets great gas mileage. We fill the tank about every 4 months. I think in is well deserving of a green plate.
So, that means that 10% of the time, you still burn a fossil fuel. While somewhat commendable, its' still not green.

• Disagree
Reactions: rypalmer
Yes I was the very first to get a green vehicle plate. I actually delayed licensing my car for a couple of weeks for that - and the rebate! Despite that, I was lucky to get the 001 plate because it happened to be available at the office where my car was registered.

View attachment 635475
Holy cow, that plate is iconic!. Not so sure about the parking job, though, LOL 🤣 Please don’t send me to banned camp for that. 😀