Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ontario green plates

CaptainKirk

Feb 6, 2014
Toronto
I know tesla get the plates for you .is there an option that I can go to ministry to get it and ask them for the desired last numbers or even can tesla can look into this

the plates are stamped sequentially and then given to service Ontario. I don’t believe you can order a specific one, but you can always ask a service Ontario after you take delivery to see if they have a number in stock you’d like. Tesla won’t be able to help you with this as they have no control over what their local service Ontario will have available.

when I took delivery, I actually had a blue plate for which I was reimbursed by Tesla when I located a Green plate! That’s how popular these cars are!

Tesjass

Jan 17, 2021
bolton
the plates are stamped sequentially and then given to service Ontario. I don’t believe you can order a specific one, but you can always ask a service Ontario after you take delivery to see if they have a number in stock you’d like. Tesla won’t be able to help you with this as they have no control over what their local service Ontario will have available.

when I took delivery, I actually had a blue plate for which I was reimbursed by Tesla when I located a Green plate! That’s how popular these cars are!
Don't tesla owners have option of getting plate from ministry and take to tesla.at least that way I get to ask them for numbers that I want .

Doug_G

Lead Moderator
Apr 2, 2010
Ottawa, Canada
I don't think so but in theory that should be fine. Our beloved moderator, @Doug_G, had the first one GVAA 001:
Ontario Buyers: Green Plates vs Normal Plates

Yes I was the very first to get a green vehicle plate. I actually delayed licensing my car for a couple of weeks for that - and the rebate! Despite that, I was lucky to get the 001 plate because it happened to be available at the office where my car was registered.

7520DB1D-5A1D-45A2-95ED-5572D66379CC.jpeg

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC