Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ontario Insurance Discussion

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got the dreadful yearly renewal paper that my insurance is much much higher even though I have 0 claims or tickets. Word on the street is all the insurance in Ontario increased. But my area (Vaughan) seems to be a bit more affected according to the local insurance agents here. My insurance went from (Ball park numbers) $250 a month to $450, almost double.

Can we have a discussion here about insurance in Ontario and from experience who is the best to go with? I need to go insurance shopping before the renewal in June. Can anyone here share anything about their current situation?

Thank you

Edit: I should add I'm current with Aviva through RBC

Last edited:
My TD General rates went up 10cents after participating in their TD Advantage app and scored 19% discount. So in essence, it went up 25%.

2018-2019 rate was 185.79/mo
2019-2020 rate is 185.90/mo

I have home + motorcycle bundled with the car.

I got the dreadful yearly renewal paper that my insurance is much much higher even though I have 0 claims or tickets. Word on the street is all the insurance in Ontario increased. But my area (Vaughan) seems to be a bit more affected according to the local insurance agents here. My insurance went from (Ball park numbers) $250 a month to $450, almost double.

Can we have a discussion here about insurance in Ontario and from experience who is the best to go with? I need to go insurance shopping before the renewal in June. Can anyone here share anything about their current situation?

Thank you

Edit: I should add I'm current with Aviva through RBC
If you're affiliated with any group, you can try out TD Meloche Monnex.

I used to pay $1750/year for my model 3 through Desjardin, now only around $1,300/year.

Great thread topic. I'm in the midst of changing from Desjardins for which we are at ~ 330/month for house + my 3 + wife's bolt. It has gone up a bit over the years and I've been meaning to shop around, but it keeps getting dropped in priority vs other things. I did get an online quote through TD, and they are around 270/month combined for the 3 things. I've got another quote from allstate, and they are better than Desjardins but not matching TD. Keep meaning to call TD to ensure the coverages are indeed apples to apples vs Allstate, but I think I'll likely end up going with them.

For what its worth TD also offers a discount for having an electric or hybrid vehicle. I will try calling Duliban to round out my research.

Great thread topic. I'm in the midst of changing from Desjardins for which we are at ~ 330/month for house + my 3 + wife's bolt. It has gone up a bit over the years and I've been meaning to shop around, but it keeps getting dropped in priority vs other things. I did get an online quote through TD, and they are around 270/month combined for the 3 things. I've got another quote from allstate, and they are better than Desjardins but not matching TD. Keep meaning to call TD to ensure the coverages are indeed apples to apples vs Allstate, but I think I'll likely end up going with them.

For what its worth TD also offers a discount for having an electric or hybrid vehicle. I will try calling Duliban to round out my research.
Kinda wish Tesla would just offer their insurance right away, haha. Save us all from this...

TDMM is much lower than TD general. I haven't tried CAA yet, maybe next year. Which groups are covered with TDMM? Dejardins covers OACETT members through the personals and their quote for my bike went down slightly to ~700/year. TD offered me ~475/year when bundled. So I saved some this year.