Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ontario licensing fee

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I picked up my new Model Y yesterday. One thing I didn't think to inspect was the license plates.

I just noticed that the plate expiry is Dec 2020, this for a fee of $209.

When I was told the fee was $209, I assumed that would take me until my birthday in Dec 2021. My bad for not checking before I left the Lawrence delivery location.

$209 for 2 1/2 months is ridiculous. Worse, it means I have to get a renewal almost immediately. Hoping this was a mistake and that they will make it right. I will call tomorrow.

For anyone else that took a recent delivery, please check and let us know if your plate expiry looks ok.

Thanks

I picked up my new Model Y yesterday. One thing I didn't think to inspect was the license plates.

When I was told the fee was $209, I assumed that would take me until my birthday in Dec 2021. My bad for not checking before I left the Lawrence delivery location.

$209 for 2 1/2 months is ridiculous. Worse, it means I have to get a renewal almost immediately. Hoping this was a mistake and that they will make it right. I will call tomorrow.

For anyone else that took a recent delivery, please check and let us know if your plate expiry looks ok.

Thanks
Mine is January 21 I'm not impressed either. Please post if you get an updates plate.

Thanks
My birthday is in October. I pick up the car on Wednesday. I'll let you know what they did.

That’s odd. I was charged the same amount and mine was to dec 2021. Check with your sales advisor.
SA forwarded it to someone else, Now waiting for reply from that person.
Some comments above say that everyone is paying the same.
That may be true but there is a full year difference in your expiry and mine.
Also, there was a $9 increase from the order price ($200) to the delivery price ($209). Delivery guy said hey, we just pass on what the license bureau charges us. Nope! License bureau charges $59 plus $120/year or $10/month. So $209 should equate to 15 months, not 3 months.

Reactions: akidesir
Got October 2021 stickers. Nick from Tesla told me that they pass on whatever the MTO gives them when they register, so if anyone is to blame, it’s the MTO, but you could perhaps not excuse whomever from Tesla for not maybe saying “hey, how about we go another year since their birthday is coming up soon”.

Reactions: X.l.r.8