TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Ontario-Quebec charging networks: chargepoint, Circuit électrique, VERnetwork ...

Discussion in 'Canada' started by decibel, Apr 14, 2015.

1. decibel

decibel Member

Its 2015 and we have (or will have soon) superchargers along the busiest travel corridors in Ontario and Quebec.

Which Ontario / Quebec charging networks (chargepoint, Circuit électrique, VERnetwork, etcetera) do folks still find worthwhile subscribing to as a supplement to this supercharger network?

2. RiverBrick

RiverBrick Active Member

Since it costs little or nothing to get the membership cards, you might as well subscribe to all of them, just in case. The Circuit Electric and VERnetwork have announced that they will accept each others cards by the end of the year. The exact time-table is available on their sites. In that case, you can consider not getting the VERnetwork one. (They are both $10, but the CE's includes a credit of $10).

There are areas in Quebec that the Circuit Electric's CHAdeMO stations are useful.

3. Doug_G

Doug_G Lead Moderator

I have yet to use one.

Signed up with Chargepoint so I can use one near my hotel on an upcoming road trip... but I may just end up going a little out of my way to Supercharge instead.