Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Oops -- another promised Delivery Date canceled

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Model Y Long Range ordered May 1 -- Notice received on June 6 to set delivery date -- promised for June 18. On Wed, June 17, message notifying of delay in transit. New arrival in Nashville on Sat June 20 with delivery on Sunday June 20. At noon on Saturday, June 20 - got phone call from Kyle confirming Sunday delivery and confirmed that this was a cash delivery.

At 4 PM Saturday, I visited the Tesla showroom location and identified my car by VIN and it was waiting in line at the cleanup bay. At 5 pm I got a text message from Tesla Delivery that there was a firmware failure on the latest update and no delivery on Sunday. They would reach out to me on Monday. On Monday, Tesla Delivery reached out and said delivery would be rescheduled for Friday, June 26 -- they had to order a part to replace a crimped control cable. On Thursday, June 25 I reached out to Tesla Delivery at 11:00 AM and they said yes -- delivery for Friday June 26 was "good to go"

At 6 pm on Thursday, June 25 I get a text from Tesla Delivery stating that "an alert" had occurred on the car and delivery would not take place at noon on the 26th but they would do all they could to deliver on the 26th. The promised a "goodwill code" for use in the Tesla online shop. No amount mentioned and no code details.

At 7:30 AM on the 26th -- text from Tesla Delivery -- "unfortunately a part has to be ordered -- no delivery on Friday, the 26th and that a "manager" would call me as soon as the Nashville store opens at 10:00 AM

My question to the manager if he/she does call will be -- is this the same part that they needed last week? and it just didn't arrive?

So -- the car that I ordered won't be delivered by June 30 and will not count as a sale in Tesla's quarterly results.

Sorry for the experience. I am scheduled to pick up my Y tomorrow 27th in Nashville. The delivery people on the phone at Nashville location were super nice, so I hope the delivery goes well. Hope your re-scheduled one goes smoothly. This will be my second Tesla from the Nashville location (first one a MS in 2017). FWIW, I have had a good experience with them on the minor service issues my MS had over the past 3 years. Most of my problems were my tires picking up nails at my house!

Model Y Long Range ordered May 1 -- Notice received on June 6 to set delivery date -- promised for June 18. On Wed, June 17, message notifying of delay in transit. New arrival in Nashville on Sat June 20 with delivery on Sunday June 20. At noon on Saturday, June 20 - got phone call from Kyle confirming Sunday delivery and confirmed that this was a cash delivery.

At 4 PM Saturday, I visited the Tesla showroom location and identified my car by VIN and it was waiting in line at the cleanup bay. At 5 pm I got a text message from Tesla Delivery that there was a firmware failure on the latest update and no delivery on Sunday. They would reach out to me on Monday. On Monday, Tesla Delivery reached out and said delivery would be rescheduled for Friday, June 26 -- they had to order a part to replace a crimped control cable. On Thursday, June 25 I reached out to Tesla Delivery at 11:00 AM and they said yes -- delivery for Friday June 26 was "good to go"

At 6 pm on Thursday, June 25 I get a text from Tesla Delivery stating that "an alert" had occurred on the car and delivery would not take place at noon on the 26th but they would do all they could to deliver on the 26th. The promised a "goodwill code" for use in the Tesla online shop. No amount mentioned and no code details.

At 7:30 AM on the 26th -- text from Tesla Delivery -- "unfortunately a part has to be ordered -- no delivery on Friday, the 26th and that a "manager" would call me as soon as the Nashville store opens at 10:00 AM

My question to the manager if he/she does call will be -- is this the same part that they needed last week? and it just didn't arrive?

So -- the car that I ordered won't be delivered by June 30 and will not count as a sale in Tesla's quarterly results.
I know it’s been a year since your post but was curious to know what finally happened with your delivery. Crazy story.