TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

oops! Germany is worried!

Discussion in 'Model X' started by CaliX, Apr 19, 2016.

1. CaliX

CaliX Member

2. ModelXBoy

ModelXBoy No More Door Captain of TMC! Oh Yeah Baby!

Just wait until Tesla brings the quality up and surpasses Porsche. Tesla will eliminate the automotive market just like Apple did to Motorola. Please see prediction below:

Top Player For Phone before 2007:
    1. Nokia
    2. Motorola
    3. Sony Ericson

Top Player For Phone after 2007:
    1. Apple
    2. Google
    3. Microsoft

Top Player For Car before 2020:
    1. Toyota
    2. GM
    3. BMW

Top Players For Car after 2020:
    1. Tesla
    2. Apple
    3. Google

Beat that! lol!

• Like x 8
  3. K-MTG

K-MTG Sunshade Captain of TMC

What about blackberry?

4. ModelXBoy

ModelXBoy No More Door Captain of TMC! Oh Yeah Baby!

Naw, blackberry was not as popular as the top 3 i think. But you get the point! ;)

BTW, i was one of the first in the country to get a iPhone 2G in 2007. I remember it's super hard and expensive to get one. I was cleaning people's swimming pool just to pay for that phone! Great memories!

5. 3mp_kwh

3mp_kwh Member

Three guilty of making more cars fun, than they had to. Well, at least two anyway.

1. Tesla
    2. Apple
    3. Google

All tech, all the time.

6. Drivin

Drivin Member

Sure, Tesla will sell more than 10M cars a year by 2020 and will surpass Toyota or more than 1.8M and beat Mercedes and Audi...while improving the manufacturing and QA process of the Model X.
    Ok.

• Like x 1
  7. ggnykk

ggnykk Active Member

Interesting news article! VW scandal and Tesla recent success should be a huge wake up call for Germany.

8. calisnow

calisnow Active Member

Too soon to make the call that Apple and Google will ever be big players. Yes they are devoting a ton of money and research but that does not mean they will ever bring to market products which will sell in significant numbers. Google seems likely even if they sell to another player. Apple - way too soon to make the call as to whether or not they will have success in the market. Remember, Jobs is dead. The Apple car seems to smell of an "oh crap we better not miss the boat" kind of research effort.

9. K-MTG

Things change so quickly! 5 years ago I never thought I could buy a new car :)

10. stopcrazypp

stopcrazypp Well-Known Member

The Apple car just seems badly managed and over-ambitious from the rumors I have heard. And it seems they are suffering from having too much money (getting to the point there they think throwing massive amounts of money and people at the project can make it move more quickly when the opposite is happening).

On the other hand, Google's project seems to be going rather well (and even if Google doesn't build their own car, they look to have a nice system to sell to someone else, maybe even Tesla).

11. K-MTG

I don't think Apple will release a car, I am as much as an Apple fan as I am a Tesla fan

12. Drivin

Drivin Member

There are way bigger issues that Germany is worried about. Look at this disaster at a recent board meeting:

Daimler shareholders fight over free sausages

• Like x 2
    • Informative x 1
    • Funny x 1
  13. shokunin

shokunin P85 & S40

Same here, as much as I like Apple products, an Apple car just doesn't sound appealing. They outsource most of their manufacturing so I can't even imagine a car being outsourced manufactured. Not to mention the markup and margins they are going to want and shareholders would demand.

It will likely not be made in USA and somewhere in Europe (Germany) where they have excess cash that they can't repatriate without incurring taxes.

• Informative x 1
  14. ggnykk

ggnykk Active Member

If they will fight for free sausages, they will surely fight for free electricity at superchargers ;-) haha

• Like x 1
    • Funny x 1
  15. Drivin

Drivin Member

It is not just free sausages or superchargers.

It is the fight for unlimited!

Sausages without restriction
    No metered supercharging!

16. Canuck

Canuck Active Member

Either do I. They say that they are really trying but they just can't figure out how to make a car without Windows. Apparently, they figured out the windscreen, except that it breaks really easy. The car still drives fine though.

• Funny x 5
  17. vandacca

vandacca Active Member

But I heard that the windscreen is very compelling. It's rectangular with rounded corners, they have a patent on it. And there is only 1 start button in the whole vehicle. It also functions as a "home" button. You press it and it will autonomously drive you home.

18. R3D-83

R3D-83 Member

In an other thread about the same article I've already told my opinion so let me quote myself:

19. systemcrashed

systemcrashed Please Reboot

At least you will never hear that Tesla cheated emissions testing.

• Like x 1
  20. CaliX

CaliX Member

Just curious do you own a Tesla or do you troll for one of the car companies?