Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Open/Close/Vent windows

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Attachments

• 0F3F47B8-C656-41DE-89C6-9683A0562AAB.png
    0F3F47B8-C656-41DE-89C6-9683A0562AAB.png
    345.1 KB · Views: 598
I have vent on both my model 3 and my Model Y (I checked to make sure, since the screenshot I took above is from my model 3). Its likely firmware version dependent. If you have a new vehicle and its still on a factory firmware version, perhaps thats it.

I have vent on both my model 3 and my Model Y (I checked to make sure, since the screenshot I took above is from my model 3). Its likely firmware version dependent. If you have a new vehicle and its still on a factory firmware version, perhaps thats it.
It's possible, but the version isn't that far behind. The new MYLR is 2022.28.100 (missing vent and close windows on lock) and my other MYLR is on 2022.28.2.

I would think the issue would lie with the app version? my app is iPhone 4.13.1 and my MYLR is on 2022.28.100

I think its your MYLR version of 2022.28.100. I believe the versions that have 100+ in the second octet are factory firmware versions, and may not have this show up in the app until they get moved to one of the main versions. No inside knowledge on my part here, just speculation, but as I mentioned vent shows for both my model Y and 3, but neither is on factory firmware.

I think its your MYLR version of 2022.28.100. I believe the versions that have 100+ in the second octet are factory firmware versions, and may not have this show up in the app until they get moved to one of the main versions. No inside knowledge on my part here, just speculation, but as I mentioned vent shows for both my model Y and 3, but neither is on factory firmware.
Does anyone that has the vent option have the bio defense option too?

you sure the new one isnt 2022.100.X instead of 2022.28.X? most of the factory firmware versions have a 100+ number in the second octet, not the third one.
Yes, I am sure. It has the games (Sonic, etc) that came from recent update,
yea I think so because I haven never seen 2022.28.100 on my other MYLR. I will wait until I got an update to see if the vent and close windows on lock will show up on the new car. I wonder if this is related to the issue they fixing related to the windows.

Someone in a similar post had this:

Tesla customer service finally got back to me on this when I requested service for software. Here's what they said:

"your vehicle will be in islanded factory mode for the first 30 days after delivery. You need to wait until after October 14th as your vehicle will keep downloading updates until that time to make your vehicle up to date with the latest firmware. Once your vehicle is up to date with all of the firmware on October 14th you can make a Service Center visit request and they will be able to resolve any issue. We cannot proactively work on this issue as your vehicle firmware is already scheduled to be deployed in the first 30 days as it is with every newly delivered Tesla vehicle. Other customers that had delivery at the same time as you will have the same issue as you all will have to wait until 30 days after delivery for your vehicle to be up to date. Your owners manual explains this process and most likely is the reason that the system is referring you back to the manual."