Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Open-cubby center console?

drp1988

Dec 11, 2018
AL
Does anyone else not get a lot of utility from the center console layout? With 5 different small compartments (cellphone holder, front compartment, cup holder, rear tray, rear compartment) there's too much segmentation and it's just not easy to get to the front compartments for me. I normally have my wallet/keys in the tray under the armrest, and I keep my phone in the cup holder. The rest of the space just isn't useful for me.

The non-premium interior concept had a giant open cubby which seems way more useful for me, but I don't think it actually went into production. Something like that, or the "yacht floor" of the S/X would be better. Anyone else have this problem?

dims

Reactions: beachmiles

beachmiles

Jun 29, 2019
Redondo Beach
Wish the console was shorter across the board. My right knee hits the console and the armrest feels about 4 inches too high. I'm 6'4 with the seat almost all the way down and all the way back to make room for my legs. Was considering trying to modify a used console and shave off a couple inches off the bottom somehow. It looks like it may be possible, but would have to re-route the AC plastic tube to the rear vents.

Mrcarcrazy

Another internet expert @ no charge
May 22, 2019
South Padre Island, Tx
I bought a front storage organizer thing. It’s not perfect and I’m thinking I can build a better mousetrap for my uses. Just gotta decide on the best material to build it out of...and find the time to mess with it.

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC