Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Open-cubby center console?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anyone else not get a lot of utility from the center console layout? With 5 different small compartments (cellphone holder, front compartment, cup holder, rear tray, rear compartment) there's too much segmentation and it's just not easy to get to the front compartments for me. I normally have my wallet/keys in the tray under the armrest, and I keep my phone in the cup holder. The rest of the space just isn't useful for me.

The non-premium interior concept had a giant open cubby which seems way more useful for me, but I don't think it actually went into production. Something like that, or the "yacht floor" of the S/X would be better. Anyone else have this problem?

dims

Reactions: beachmiles
Wish the console was shorter across the board. My right knee hits the console and the armrest feels about 4 inches too high. I'm 6'4 with the seat almost all the way down and all the way back to make room for my legs. Was considering trying to modify a used console and shave off a couple inches off the bottom somehow. It looks like it may be possible, but would have to re-route the AC plastic tube to the rear vents.