Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

open doors

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So interesting..
my front doors "pop" open an inch with button, then human needed to push the rest of the way open. BACK doors "pop" open HALF an inch-ish (less than front) then human needed to push open rest of way. **If you don't keep force on back doors after pushing button, they want to try to relatch, then you have to push button again. Hope that makes sense.
Never realized this before.

So interesting..
my front doors "pop" open an inch with button, then human needed to push the rest of the way open. BACK doors "pop" open HALF an inch-ish (less than front) then human needed to push open rest of way. **If you don't keep force on back doors after pushing button, they want to try to relatch, then you have to push button again. Hope that makes sense.
Never realized this before.

This is exactly how mine is. I noticed it a long time ago and didn't think anything of it because it's not a big deal. I get in the back all the time to put my kid in a center car seat and close the door behind me when I'm in parking lots. To get out, in one continuous motion I press the button and push the door open (but don't hold the button down). if I don't push the door outward immediately after pressing the button, the door will try to re-latch. This is different from the front doors where they pop out far enough so they won't re-latch.

This is exactly how mine is. I noticed it a long time ago and didn't think anything of it because it's not a big deal. I get in the back all the time to put my kid in a center car seat and close the door behind me when I'm in parking lots. To get out, in one continuous motion I press the button and push the door open (but don't hold the button down). if I don't push the door outward immediately after pressing the button, the door will try to re-latch. This is different from the front doors where they pop out far enough so they won't re-latch.

Exactly. And I don't care how the doors open/close either. I just luuuuuv to drive it!! ❤️