Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor Open Source DIY Model 3 Console Wrap Template

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm going to run some experiments with wood grain once I get some samples in.

Steering Wheel wrap will likely take a few weeks just because I'm slammed with everything else at the moment, I really would like to get a chrome delete out for everyone because people charge crazy money for them now and I know I can cut that cost down drastically for you guys.

(I've heard of shops charging $750 - $1000 for chrome delete .. just crazy)

I love this. Do you have any expectations on cutter requirements for the chrome delete? Will a Silhouette Cameo with a 12"-wide roll of vinyl work?

Fair enough, but might be able to find someone to cut down the the 5ft rolls into 1ft rolls.

Specifically for the window trim, do you think it a precut piece would be significantly easier than using something like this?

https://www.amazon.com/VViViD-Black-Gloss-Detailing-Pinstriping/dp/B071W9BN6W/

Yes using precut pieces should be easier since the material will conform to the curve without being stretched too much which should help prevent it from curling up later. Freehanding it using raw material is more of an art than a science.

Any update on the availability of the carbon fiber door sill wrap via Amazon?

Amazon checked in the inventory as if it were the "Brushed Black" - gotta wait for them to actually go and check what's in the box before they fix it. The system won't let me complain about it for 21 days so I'll need to send another box of inventory.

Sorry. :-(

• Informative
Reactions: tracksyde