Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor Open Source DIY Model 3 Console Wrap Template

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was thinking it might be nice to have a red piece that says emergency to cover the manual door release. Or if that's too garish, maybe just clear or black matte. (Don't have my P3D+ yet, but I forsee having to warn new passengers about not using it.) I guess you could even have it tape down the handle.

My solution to the door-opening problem. Details at WordPress.com.

IMG_5426.jpg

• Funny
Reactions: jsmay311
I'll be flying most of the day tomorrow. For those that are watching out for Matrix Black here is the product listing.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07FZ7MNFN

At some point soon it'll come in stock.

Thanks guys / gals, next post from me will likely be from a beach far into the Pacific.
Added to my wish list! Any idea how far out window trim delete is? I've been trying to do it myself and it keeps looking like amateur hour.

I'll be flying most of the day tomorrow. For those that are watching out for Matrix Black here is the product listing.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07FZ7MNFN

At some point soon it'll come in stock.

Thanks guys / gals, next post from me will likely be from a beach far into the Pacific.

Thats really slick. Might have to replace the brushed metal with this one once it gets scratched up.

Kenriko: This thread on Reddit (r/teslamotors - Door Button Label) got me thinking. I love your door-switch kit. Looks great on my Model 3. Now I'm thinking of replacing all the door-opening button wraps with yellow instead of satin black. I think it would be much easier to say to my passengers, "Push the yellow button on the door handle." Simpler than trying to explain the whole door-opener situation. Maybe we could convince you to sell an inexpensive add-on for just those four buttons in bright colors. Maybe in red for those using white trim.

Sorry about that, Les. I can't figure out how to edit or delete the post, so here's a better URL to my blog post: Door Latch Releases

Thanks, drkaye. That.link works. Great solution. I’ve done the Kenriko console wrap and love it. I’d buy these in a second if they were available, I don’t need any other door wraps, just the switch tags. Otherwise, I’m willing to buy a minimum amount of yellow material and use Kenriko’s reddit template pdf to attempt manual tracing/cutting.

Exactly which film/color did you use for your pictured install? Any idea where can I purchase the film?