Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor Open Source DIY Model 3 Console Wrap Template

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Though it's not a closeup, Matrix looks awesome in Kenriko's demo video. Matrix is also super durable and should hold up well on the exterior.

Thats what convinced me for Matrix. I have a Red as well. I like Satin for its finish and look, but durability of Matrix as mentioned by Kenrik earlier, and how good his car was looking with the Matrix wrap convinced me to go for it.

How hard is the install? Disclaimer on the page makes it sound like it's not so easy to install. I don't have previous wrapping experience and don't have access to a heat gun.

I wouldn't say that it's hard but it's time-consuming and takes patience. The disclaimers are there so that people know what they are getting into. I'd rather have people think that it was easier then they thought then extremely frustrated because they got in over their heads.

Heat guns cost ~$20 on Amazon so that should not be a gating factor.

I thought I wanted Satin Black but it was already gone. I'm taking the chance on Matrix. I have the Obsidian Black paint.
BTW @Kenriko, love the pic of the rear view mirror with the Jurassic Park shout on the product page!! :):)

I went with black matrix as well to stand out a little with all the other chrome deletes. And if that 3 in your avatar picture is yours, I think black matrix will look better than just black satin

1st) Does not include the mirrors uses VVivid which is a cheaper vinyl.
2nd) Does not completely cover the mirrors and uses too many pieces for them in my opinion.

Our pricing is going to fall somewhere in between the two examples and we'll be releasing the template open for for non-commercial use after release which I doubt you'll see from anyone else.

Thanks Kenriko for your reply. Anyhow, looks like I missed this batch :(

Another Q.... I would like the console wrap to match the chrome delete and I don't see satin-black for the console wrap. Any particular reason? How far apart are Satin Black and Matte Black in looks?

Thanks in advance.