Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor Open Source DIY Model 3 Console Wrap Template

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Question: How close to the edges does the wrap extend? Basically, I'm asking whether the wrap goes edge to visible edge, or if it extends a few millimeters further, so it can go under, in between the plastic and the padding (so it looks seamless).

IMG_3500.jpg

In beta testing. V0.9

Hell yea man! Looks fantastic. I'm almost done with the steering wheel accent and the wood dash trim :) I'm hoping by end of next week for both?

Also I'm very envious of your plotter.. Wish I had one like that lol

Where do both the bottom piece and those rectangular shapes above it from your last picture go?

Hell yea man! Looks fantastic. I'm almost done with the steering wheel accent and the wood dash trim :) I'm hoping by end of next week for both?

Also I'm very envious of your plotter.. Wish I had one like that lol

Where do both the bottom piece and those rectangular shapes above it from your last picture go?

Rectangles are the emergency door release covers. The curved piece goes over the rear USB ports. round logo.. well I had an extra space after laying stuff out and figured it would go well over a Macbook glowing logo.

IMG_3492.jpg

Hey @Kenriko I installed the carbon fiber center console wrap this weekend. It came out great although I did mess up the middle section slightly when I was cutting between the gap of that section and the cup holder. There is a small nick in the material on the bottom right section but only noticeable if I point it out.

Have to say installing the cup holder was the easiest of the three pieces. Thanks for the great job and the affordable price.

Hey all,
Kenriko and I started a patreon page to support both of our efforts for developing these consoles, so if you feel so inclined to donate you can do that here in appreciation for the time we spent making and publishing these cutout files for the Model 3.. We're making pretty solid progress on more trim pieces so stay tuned :)
Tesla Model 3 Vinyl Wrap Fund! is creating FREE cutout files and precut vinyl trim for the Tesla Model 3 | Patreon

Love what you guys are doing and I’m now your first Patreon with my very humble support! I hope others join up as well.

Are you guys open to suggestions for new cutout ideas? I have a couple but want to make sure you guys are open to it before I impose myself!

Love what you guys are doing and I’m now your first Patreon with my very humble support! I hope others join up as well.

Are you guys open to suggestions for new cutout ideas? I have a couple but want to make sure you guys are open to it before I impose myself!
Thank you for supporting man! We really appreciate it. All of these projects are on our own time so more support results in willingness to develop the free templates and bring them to you guys faster so spread the word!

I'm definitely open to any suggestions for pieces you want done. Can't guarantee a timeline since here's already plenty on our plates but let us know what you were thinking!

Thank you for supporting man! We really appreciate it. All of these projects are on our own time so more support results in willingness to develop the free templates and bring them to you guys faster so spread the word!

I'm definitely open to any suggestions for pieces you want done. Can't guarantee a timeline since here's already plenty on our plates but let us know what you were thinking!

Awesome. I'm thinking some larger exterior pieces, similar to what Porsche has on their exteriors. I actually think that, from the front, the Model 3 looks very much like a Porsche with the "inset" hood and wrap around bumper, particularly in white, which is what I am getting!

cd0434_fe2586b1ab2f419cbad1eeb3992d0a5a~mv2.jpg IMG_2049.JPG porsche 911r 911 r side decal sticker stripe kit black.jpg url-3.jpeg

These will go really well with white/silver cars, but not so much with the other colors, which definitely limits the market. I understand if that means they are super low priority since there would be less demand and the material requirements are so large. Perhaps you can just do "beta-templates" with no fit checking and let other DIY folks (me) be the guinea pigs and provide feedback?