Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor Open Source DIY Model 3 Console Wrap Template

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Kenriko I noticed that the cup holders cutout in the illustrator file is slightly tapered. It's not 7.75" white across the whole thing. I had a difficult time getting flush alignment near the portion that wasn't as wide (by the arm rest)

Was this intentional? the upper portion was much easier to align.

Kenriko I noticed that the cup holders cutout in the illustrator file is slightly tapered. It's not 7.75" white across the whole thing. I had a difficult time getting flush alignment near the portion that wasn't as wide (by the arm rest)

Was this intentional? the upper portion was much easier to align.

I've not run into issue aligning it in my experience, maybe a difference in material? I use 3M and Avery but there is a big difference between say Carbon Fiber and Brushed Black in how the material behaves. I do intend to tweak the cupholder a bit to add more overhang since lighter color materials like white are less forgiving and the install would be easier if there is additional material to work with.

I've not run into issue aligning it in my experience, maybe a difference in material? I use 3M and Avery but there is a big difference between say Carbon Fiber and Brushed Black in how the material behaves. I do intend to tweak the cupholder a bit to add more overhang since lighter color materials like white are less forgiving and the install would be easier if there is additional material to work with.

But the taper is intentional?

But the taper is intentional?

There is an intentional overlap that does not fit the curve of the cupholder around the front and rear midsections that are intended to be tucked in and trimmed off so that the wrap won't peel here's the relevant portion of the install video:

Edit: Also just to note, these are decisions that I made while designing the template but it's important to remember it's open source so that many people can contribute to making the best set of templates available. If you have an improvement that you think is worthwhile please do submit a pull request on Github with the improvements.

Last edited:
Reactions: tracksyde
There is an intentional overlap that does not fit the curve of the cupholder around the front and rear midsections that are intended to be tucked in and trimmed off so that the wrap won't peel here's the relevant portion of the install video:

Edit: Also just to note, these are decisions that I made while designing the template but it's important to remember it's open source so that many people can contribute to making the best set of templates available. If you have an improvement that you think is worthwhile please do submit a pull request on Github with the improvements.

Ahh yes, I wanted to see if I was missing something before I start modifying.

@Kenriko,

Will you be making/offering the Carbon Fiber Dash Strip to cover the Wood? I also have a request for Carbon Fiber for the Center steering wheel spoke portions as well. Any future estimate these might be available?
On a side note...I don’t even have my 3 yet....awaiting AWD. However I’d love to support you and your hard work. What is the ‘shelf life’ on these so application will still work when eventually applied? Indefinite?

Regards,

Ski

@Kenriko,

Will you be making/offering the Carbon Fiber Dash Strip to cover the Wood? I also have a request for Carbon Fiber for the Center steering wheel spoke portions as well. Any future estimate these might be available?
On a side note...I don’t even have my 3 yet....awaiting AWD. However I’d love to support you and your hard work. What is the ‘shelf life’ on these so application will still work when eventually applied? Indefinite?

Regards,

Ski

Yes the templates and kits are coming.

Shelf life is indefinite if it's kept in a cool dry place. Installed life is 5 - 10 years depending on the application. This is the same material you would wrap the exterior of the car with so it's pretty durable stuff.

• Love
Reactions: Skione65
Yes the templates and kits are coming.

Shelf life is indefinite if it's kept in a cool dry place. Installed life is 5 - 10 years depending on the application. This is the same material you would wrap the exterior of the car with so it's pretty durable stuff.
Im currently working on the model 3 door sill stickers,the wooden dash strip, as well as the steering wheel accent. I wanted to release them sooner but I've been so busy at work this week and also motivation has slowed down since we haven't really gotten any patreon supporters.

If we get some more donations to the patreon, I can commit to having at least one new template finalized by next week, but for now this is taking a lower priority. Sorry to disappoint folks

Here's the link for anyone who wants to accelerate our efforts! Tesla Model 3 Vinyl Wrap Fund! is creating FREE vector template files for the Tesla Model 3 | Patreon

Im currently working on the model 3 door sill stickers,the wooden dash strip, as well as the steering wheel accent. I wanted to release them sooner but I've been so busy at work this week and also motivation has slowed down since we haven't really gotten any patreon supporters.

If we get some more donations to the patreon, I can commit to having at least one new template finalized by next week, but for now this is taking a lower priority. Sorry to disappoint folks

Here's the link for anyone who wants to accelerate our efforts! Tesla Model 3 Vinyl Wrap Fund! is creating FREE vector template files for the Tesla Model 3 | Patreon

@AMIYY4YOU and @Kenriko,

Awesome! I’m in for both the door sill wrap (Model 3 letters cutout) as well as the steering wheel accents in Carbon Fiber as well. I’m assuming you’re collaborating with @Kenriko. Is this correct? Will this be available from his Amazon storefront as I’ve made purchases from him there on his CF Console wrap?
I’d also LOVE the CF dashboard piece to cover the open pore wood strip.

Regards,
Ski

@AMIYY4YOU and @Kenriko,

Awesome! I’m in for both the door sill wrap (Model 3 letters cutout) as well as the steering wheel accents in Carbon Fiber as well. I’m assuming you’re collaborating with @Kenriko. Is this correct? Will this be available from his Amazon storefront as I’ve made purchases from him there on his CF Console wrap?
I’d also LOVE the CF dashboard piece to cover the open pore wood strip.

Regards,
Ski
Yep over time these will become available as template cut files and then kenriko will likely need some time to cut them himself and I'm sure he'll perfect mine even more since his reputation is on the line by selling products that should be guaranteed to fit. Kenriko is doing most of the heavy lifting to be honest. He invested in a heavy duty cutter and material inventory which means he should make more profit since he has more expenses, but I'm just helping develop the template cut files so that he can make our collective work available on the public repositories for anyone to use.

Yep over time these will become available as template cut files and then kenriko will likely need some time to cut them himself and I'm sure he'll perfect mine even more since his reputation is on the line by selling products that should be guaranteed to fit. Kenriko is doing most of the heavy lifting to be honest. He invested in a heavy duty cutter and material inventory which means he should make more profit since he has more expenses, but I'm just helping develop the template cut files so that he can make our collective work available on the public repositories for anyone to use.

I am will to help with the template. I use a program to can crest the templates not illustrator. If you need or want help. I would just need measurements since I don’t have the car yet.