Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor Open Source DIY Model 3 Console Wrap Template

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Kenriko, I know this might be a little weird since you fulfill through Amazon but do you plan on having custom sets? For example, I think having something like matte black door trim, with a carbon fiber "open door" button to help distinguish it, would look interesting.

Reactions: MissyMcBee
just finished my first attempt at the cupholder install...the entire time watching the video i felt like you were billy beane and i was ron washington talking to scott hatteberg about playing first base.

beane: "tell him how easy it is wash..."
washington: "it's incredibly hard."

it wasn't as hard as i expected it to be, but it was still not something i'd classify as "easy." we'll see how it looks in daylight tomorrow, but i'd say there's a better than 50/50 shot i'm going to have to pull it up and re-do it. i can still see parts of the piano black on the sides. it was incredibly hard (for me anyway) to get the sides to line up right.

Reactions: Paik4Life
i take back my previous comment. i was able to go back and peel up the corner and get the edges to line up well enough that i'm not pulling it back up to re-do it. the only part i can feel isn't perfectly smooth that i wasn't able to get all the creases out is the part that is up against the middle door, and i can't see it anyway so i'm not as worried. i may still try to pull it up and stretch it out like i did the back section, but it's hard to pull it up from the front because of the other door being in the way.

it looks good enough that i'm not willing to start over...not perfect, but far better than i expected it to look for me installing it myself. i'll save the second piece in case i have issues in the future and absolutely need it.

i'll take pics once i have the entire thing done (i've only done the cupholder at this point, figured doing it one section at a time would help me keep my sanity...

Cup holder and middle piece complete in Matrix Black. Seriously folks, just put the Classical Tranquility station on Slacker and follow @Kenriko 's instructions to the letter. This material is SUPER easy to work with and feels very premium. I can't describe how happy I am with it. Last pieces will be installed after lunch!

20180818_103204.jpg

20180818_104959.jpg

20180818_105014.jpg

Cup holder and middle piece complete in Matrix Black. Seriously folks, just put the Classical Tranquility station on Slacker and follow @Kenriko 's instructions to the letter. This material is SUPER easy to work with and feels very premium. I can't describe how happy I am with it. Last pieces will be installed after lunch!

View attachment 326704

View attachment 326705

View attachment 326706
Matrix Black is also one of my favorites, I think I have had no less than 5 wraps on my car now.

Reactions: LonestarV
perhaps a stupid question, but what is this piece for? the piece that slides to lock the chargers in place is the only semi-obvious thing I can see but I figured I would ask before making a mess of it if that's not what it's for...

Attachments

• IMG_20180818_154600.jpg
    IMG_20180818_154600.jpg
    557.2 KB · Views: 60
perhaps a stupid question, but what is this piece for? the piece that slides to lock the chargers in place is the only semi-obvious thing I can see but I figured I would ask before making a mess of it if that's not what it's for...

Yeah the piece where the chargers go. Take it off, place the wrap down on a smooth surface sticky side up (the arm rest is good for this) bring the plastic piece down on it starting on the bottom end (make sure it's going the right way) and then you can just kinda roll it onto the surface. Takes about 30 seconds to install.

Reactions: crackers8199
Yeah the piece where the chargers go. Take it off, place the wrap down on a smooth surface sticky side up (the arm rest is good for this) bring the plastic piece down on it starting on the bottom end (make sure it's going the right way) and then you can just kinda roll it onto the surface. Takes about 30 seconds to install.

awesome, thanks! i also sent you a PM, but i guess i'll ask here in case anyone else is curious - is there a way we can buy individual pieces from you rather than the whole kit? i kinda screwed up the middle piece a little, enough that it'll annoy me long-term. eventually i'd like to replace it...

Limited Time Customer Appreciation Sale

Matrix Black and Shadow Black are on sale for $27.50 as a thank you to the community for all your support!

Already bought one at the regular price and disappointed at missing out? ~ Nah I wouldn't leave you guys hanging!
Fear not I've retroactively applied the discounted price to your order and a refund for $5.00 will be coming back from Amazon!

Reviews on these two products are greatly appreciated they are some of my favorites and I think you guys will be happy with them.

Matrix: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07FZ7MNFN
Shadow: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07G2S6FCX

I <3 you guys / gals in the Tesla community.

Cheers,

Kenriko.

IMG_5332.JPEG
IMG_5477.JPEG

Matrix Black and Shadow Black are on sale for $27.50 as a thank you to the community for all your support!

Already bought one at the regular price and disappointed at missing out? ~ Nah I wouldn't leave you guys hanging!
Fear not I've retroactively applied the discounted price to your order and a refund for $5.00 will be coming back from Amazon!

Reviews on these two products are greatly appreciated they are some of my favorites and I think you guys will be happy with them.

Cheers,

Kenriko.
Thanks! Do we have to request the partial refund?

Cheers,

Kenriko.

View attachment 326867 View attachment 326868
Hey Kenriko!

Will you ever bring the plain matte black back in stock?

Thanks!