Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor Open Source DIY Model 3 Console Wrap Template

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Why are these ever out of stock? It's seems to me it's like printing money, yet 2 of the 3 are out of stock right now.

The biggest reason for being out of stock is actually Amazon, sometimes they are very unreliable on the backend checking in inventory. I'll send inventory and it'll be delivered the next day and checked in within 1-2 more days after that. However, I've had it take 10 days for inventory to be "delivered" and another 14 days for it to be "checked in" (at which point it is available on Amazon.com and shows "backordered" as they shuffle the inventory around the country) Amazon won't let you file a claim for ~3 weeks and reserves 45 days before they consider inventory "lost" and they do use that buffer.

They are not super fun to deal with as a seller but on the customer side, they are great which is why I sell through them.

Also, not quite printing money since I'm charging a much more reasonable price than the other options out there and all of the stuff that goes into a kit adds up to be pretty expensive and Amazon takes a decent cut off the top. I also offer free replacements for anyone who needs them. Overall that results in a good value for the customer ... I would make a terrible Ferengi, don't have the lobes for it ;-)

The biggest reason for being out of stock is actually Amazon, sometimes they are very unreliable on the backend checking in inventory. I'll send inventory and it'll be delivered the next day and checked in within 1-2 more days after that. However, I've had it take 10 days for inventory to be "delivered" and another 14 days for it to be "checked in" (at which point it is available on Amazon.com and shows "backordered" as they shuffle the inventory around the country) Amazon won't let you file a claim for ~3 weeks and reserves 45 days before they consider inventory "lost" and they do use that buffer.

They are not super fun to deal with as a seller but on the customer side, they are great which is why I sell through them.

Also, not quite printing money since I'm charging a much more reasonable price than the other options out there and all of the stuff that goes into a kit adds up to be pretty expensive and Amazon takes a decent cut off the top. I also offer free replacements for anyone who needs them. Overall that results in a good value for the customer ... I would make a terrible Ferengi, don't have the lobes for it ;-)
I have been making my own, unless you are getting an incredible deal on your vinyl, your business model sucks....lol.
Meaning you are making almost nothing.

Kenriko, any plans for a B-pillar delete? Would love to see that in satin black to match the chrome delete. Evannex sells a kit in CF only for an outrageously high price. Makes me want to invest in my own vinyl cutter!

Possibly, I'm working on chrome delete templates at the moment I'll try some things out when I get some spare time.

I know this goes without saying but thank you for all your hard work. A lot of demands but it's easy to forget that all the design and testing takes a long time especially for one person (two if you're still working with the other forum member who helped with the initial templates). Make sure to take time to relax - no need to work as hard to Elon.

This Model 3’s sacrifice shall be honored as we enjoy our soon to come reasonably priced chrome delete kits. Godspeed Model 3, let your parts continue to heal the broken for years to come

Please press F to pay respect.

6DF2331E-01BE-4758-82B4-E8F299729AC2.jpeg

Last edited:
I took my car to get tinted the other day and they were like, "Did you do the center console yourself?" Then I told them about your stuff and they were asking what other kits you offer. I told them you're working on a chrome delete kit and that's something they'd been avoiding for the 3 so far. If you get a bulk order from Sterling, VA. You'll know it came from my rec : )

~Paik

Reactions: tracksyde