Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor Open Source DIY Model 3 Console Wrap Template

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Do you have the dashboard wrap available? Need to get rid of the wood dash and match the brushed metal console.

The best way to wrap the dash is to use a bigger piece of material and wrap the edges using a heatgun and then trim with this https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003DXWN42 you can use the space between the aluminum trim and the wood to guide the blade if you have a steady hand.

Brushed Black will not hide the woodgrain but if you align the brushed with the grain it won't look too terrible. I'd recommend Carbon Fiber or Matrix Black if you actually want to hide the wood.

Reactions: ranova
The best way to wrap the dash is to use a bigger piece of material and wrap the edges using a heatgun and then trim with this https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003DXWN42 you can use the space between the aluminum trim and the wood to guide the blade if you have a steady hand.

Brushed Black will not hide the woodgrain but if you align the brushed with the grain it won't look too terrible. I'd recommend Carbon Fiber or Matrix Black if you actually want to hide the wood.

Looking forward to hopefully getting the chrome delete kit in before next weekend so I can install it!

Any plans on releasing a black matrix front/rear tesla emblem and aero wheel wraps?

boxes.jpg

Makin Boxes!

Isn’t that in the chrome delete kit already?

Edit: Yup:
  • “Completely Covers the Chrome on the Side Mirrors, Door Trim, Handles and Side Camera Housing.”

Well the standalone door handles chrome delete kit didn't cover the chrome on the inside of the handle, which becomes visible when you open the handle. When handle is closed, no chrome is visible, agreed.

So I just wanted to see if there is plan of a higher coverage version of door handle wrap.

Reactions: Deadpool_25
Well the standalone door handles chrome delete kit didn't cover the chrome on the inside of the handle, which becomes visible when you open the handle. When handle is closed, no chrome is visible, agreed.

So I just wanted to see if there is plan of a higher coverage version of door handle wrap.

The problem with covering the inner handle is it'll never look stock. The material bunches up around the end of the handle where there is a nub and makes it feel bad in your hand when you open it.

Chrome Delete Shipping Update.
The kits are produced and ready to go with one delay. We changed the packaging for the individual kit pieces however this made it so it does not fit in the original boxes. New boxes are arriving tomorrow and the majority of the kits are going out tomorrow and Friday with all remaining orders shipped before the 15th as originally planned.