Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor Open Source DIY Model 3 Console Wrap Template

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordering the same one, 3M G217. it's close enough. I ordered the stick on's from Abstract Ocean and it's the same color.
How much material did you need?

we ordered a 1ft x 1ft piece off amazon. I think it's enough to make 8 door handles. I only made 1 set though. Whatever format that's on Kenriko's github doesn't work well with my Cricut (the dimensions of the cut files are not saved). I asked a friend with Adobe Illustrator to measure the dimensions for me (he gave me 8.49 for the width). For my first cut, I used a regular sheet of paper. Then I compared it to the door handles and also to Kenriko's installation video. I realized the cut was a tad too big. After 2 more tries, I ended up with 8.4 inches on my Cricut. I can't say for certain that's the correct size. As soon as we stuck it on the handles, I felt the color was too different so we ripped it off. I didn't even try to wrap the edges...so I'm not sure if 8.4 is a good size to ensure there's not any bunching when wrapping the edges of the handles.

I would love to see your end result. Maybe I'll give it another try.

we ordered a 1ft x 1ft piece off amazon. I think it's enough to make 8 door handles. I only made 1 set though. Whatever format that's on Kenriko's github doesn't work well with my Cricut (the dimensions of the cut files are not saved). I asked a friend with Adobe Illustrator to measure the dimensions for me (he gave me 8.49 for the width). For my first cut, I used a regular sheet of paper. Then I compared it to the door handles and also to Kenriko's installation video. I realized the cut was a tad too big. After 2 more tries, I ended up with 8.4 inches on my Cricut. I can't say for certain that's the correct size. As soon as we stuck it on the handles, I felt the color was too different so we ripped it off. I didn't even try to wrap the edges...so I'm not sure if 8.4 is a good size to ensure there's not any bunching when wrapping the edges of the handles.

I would love to see your end result. Maybe I'll give it another try.
I'm ordering 1x1ft too. I don't have experience with cricut, but my local library has a machine I can use. Hopefully someone there can help me figure it out before we do the final cut.

Shipping Update: if you’ve recently purchased from our site and do not have a shipping notification yet all shipments are delayed until Monday.

We’re located in Houston and had severe flooding. Our house flooded and all routes to our office are underwater (literally) so there’s no way for us to ship anything until the waters receded.

Update Replacements:

If you've requested a replacement piece(s) between 9/17/19 and 10/2/19 your replacement pieces will be going out today. If there is an issue with your request we will have sent you an email and are waiting for a reply (only a couple of people)

Generally, we send out replacements every Wednesday however we missed the 9/25 batch trying to catch up on orders after the flooding last month.

I'm sorry for the delay, we should be back to our regular schedule from here on.

We've made some updates to our website, I won't list them all here but I did add one feature that people have been asking for a long time.. a signup for a mailing list so you'll know when we're releasing new stuff.

I personally don't usually sign up for mailing lists but I've had dozens of people ask me for it so I grudgingly added it and people started signing up.. (who knew?)

So if you want to know when the Model X or S Chrome Delete is out (or any other new product) head on over and put in your email. I won't spam ya'll with useless marketing crap I only intend to use it when there's something worthwhile to know.

Kenriko.com

We're running a sale all through November at kenriko.com

Black November Sale - No need to wait.

Kenriko Tesla Model 3 Professional Chrome Delete Kit

Make sure you checkout our bundles for additional discounts. (bottom of each product page)

Capture.PNG

Reactions: tracksyde
We need your help.

A bit of backstory -

Back in August 2019 the Amazon listing for our top-selling product - Kenriko Matte Black Console Wrap Kit was targeted by an entity who wanted our product off of Amazon and they succeeded.

They first started by filing claims that we were selling "Used products as New" and Amazon promptly removed our product from sale as they take that claim very seriously. After several days we were able to successfully appeal to Amazon and they reinstated the product listing.

The very next day another seller tried to edit our product listing on Amazon to remove our brand name and add their own in a hijacking attempt on the listing. After spending time with Amazon support they were able to revert the changes made by the other seller.

The very next day they came at us from a different angle and claimed our product as their own under a brand "ArtMuseKitsMikash" and took control of the product page blocking us from being able to edit our own listing.

Amazon wanting nothing to do with disputes of any kind promptly removed our product from sale and we've been fighting with them for the last 6 months trying to get it reinstated.

What happened after -

It has been a rough 6 months and the loss in sales of our main product compounded with having our house flood after Tropical Storm Imelda hit Houston in September has strained our finances and in November I was forced to sell my Model 3 and raid my retirement account to keep the business going. There's more to this story and at times it has felt like getting repeatedly kicked in the teeth but if you're going through hell just keep going.

Moving forward -

Before our product was removed we had built up 335 organic reviews with a 4.4 star average those reviews represented so many sleepless nights, time away from our kids and a focus on helping customers with any problem they had. At this point, I have to assume we will never get that listing back.

We recently relaunched a new Premium version of the kit on Amazon for which includes two of every console piece and an interior camera privacy cover. The increase in price is the cost of the extras we added to the kit. We did not take any additional margin compared to the previous kit we offered which are already thin.

What can you do to help? -

If you've previously purchased our Kenriko Matte Black Console Wrap Kit then I'd sincerely appreciate it if you could go and leave a review on the new kit. Explain if you bought the older version or purchased from our website and give an honest review of your experience, that's it.

You can find the new product here: https://www.amazon.com/Kenriko-Tesla-Model-Premium-Console/dp/B07WCFBCGY

A final word -

Since I first decided to dedicate my time and effort to offer free wrap templates for the Tesla community back in April 2018 I never thought it would take off the way it did and it has been a wild ride and I sincerely thank each and every one of you for your support. I love this community and wish I could give each and every one of you who has supported us a big hug.

Thank you all,

Kenrik and Anaily
Kenriko.com

@Kenriko done. Sorry you're having to deal with this bu11shi# brother.

Amazons review system is SOOO horribly broken. More often than not the rrviews are fakes these days and /or sellers exploit a loophole where reviews from one of their products shows up in another totally unrelated product that they're selling. The whole thing is a joke and It really hurts Amazons credibility, not just their sellers'.

Looks like Amazon put the brakes on reviews for this product.

I was able to submit a review no problem... though hasn't been approved yet.

I would love to help as I am so glad I purchased and it looks amazing, but Amazon is really sucking at life right now. This is the message I got when I tried to review it: Amazon has noticed unusual reviewing activity on this product. Due to this activity, we have limited this product to verified purchase reviews.

If you want to stoop to the Chinese company levels (and I would seriously not blame you after this garbage and Amazon's failure to support a legitimate small US business) I'm sure there are ways around it. Every time I see one of those new made in China knock offs with a hundred verified fake sounding reviews, I'm sure that what's happening.

It might take you creating a lot of email addresses, then buying product from yourself to do it though...

If Amazon unblocks it I'm happy to write a 5 star review, because I really think your product and customer service is amazing.

Or if anyone can find a way to email Amazon customer service with our concerns we can each send them a strongly worded letter in support of this company. All I can find is a stupid chat bot, and maybe if I'm lucky it'll connect me with a human. Too big for their own good.

I'm sorry you're going through this @Kenriko , let me know if there's anything I can do to help. We abandoned Amazon for similar reasons a year or so ago; it's a very toxic place for small businesses, and the seller support is just so frustrating to deal with. As a customer, they're great, as an FBA seller, they're dreadful to deal with.

Reactions: e-FTW
I'm sorry you're going through this @Kenriko , let me know if there's anything I can do to help. We abandoned Amazon for similar reasons a year or so ago; it's a very toxic place for small businesses, and the seller support is just so frustrating to deal with. As a customer, they're great, as an FBA seller, they're dreadful to deal with.
Am with @pete8314 : I will gladly buy this directly from your site. I know this does not replace the reach that Amazon offers, but I feel like less intermediaries is better for both you and I (customer).