Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Open Source Teslalogger on Raspberry / Docker with ScanMyTesla integration

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I installed TeslaLogger on my Synology NAS via Docker today, but have issues with my Tesla credentials. I get errors saying “GetTokenAsync2 Redirect Location = null!!! Wrong credentials?”

I am sure the credentials are correct, and can access my car using the Tesla iOS app with those credentials.
Is this a known issue, or is there something I can do about this?

I installed TeslaLogger on my Synology NAS via Docker today, but have issues with my Tesla credentials. I get errors saying “GetTokenAsync2 Redirect Location = null!!! Wrong credentials?”

I am sure the credentials are correct, and can access my car using the Tesla iOS app with those credentials.
Tesla's playing around with captura for some reason breaking the inbuilt sign-on

When going to the settings tab, I see this message: "errortext = 'Error: Connection refused - URL: http://teslalogger:5000/getallcars"

Anyone knows what I might be doing wrong with my google cloud instance?
If your dockerfile is as mentioned in the docs and the teslalogger container starts up without errors, everything should run great.
make sure you have enough virtual memory on google cloud, if you choose the free one. Double check you wait long enough on the first startup, as the google cloud instance is slow.

you have to wait a couple of days as tesla changed the authentification process. So all loggers are not able to authentificate since last Friday. We have to figure out a workaround for the captcha issue.

• Informative
Reactions: BrownOuttaSpec
If your dockerfile is as mentioned in the docs and the teslalogger container starts up without errors, everything should run great.
make sure you have enough virtual memory on google cloud, if you choose the free one. Double check you wait long enough on the first startup, as the google cloud instance is slow.

I used the "docker system prune" command to clear the docker container, and it seems to work better. But the car is still showing as offline, and I am getting the same “GetTokenAsync2 Redirect Location = null!!! Wrong credentials?”, so I assume I have the same problem now as the previous commenter. I will wait for you guys to do the fix.

Reactions: bassmaster
I used the "docker system prune" command to clear the docker container, and it seems to work better. But the car is still showing as offline, and I am getting the same “GetTokenAsync2 Redirect Location = null!!! Wrong credentials?”, so I assume I have the same problem now as the previous commenter. I will wait for you guys to do the fix.
Please update to the latest version and check if it works now. Maybe you have to enter your credentials once again.

1622552350366.png

Last edited:
Please update to the latest version and check if it works now. Maybe you have to enter your credentials once again.

View attachment 668371
After the update, it's working now. I have to delete the account first, then added later since I have 2FA/MFA in my account. Now I just have to setup my domain and all that in the google cloud. Thank you!

Really enjoying this software. The integration with ABetterRoutePlanner is great. I do have a few questions though. Is there an English manual anywhere? The only issue I'm having is some pages of the dashboard and Grafana are still in German and in metric system. I did change to miles in the admin panel but seems it's not propagating everywhere.

Really enjoying this software. The integration with ABetterRoutePlanner is great. I do have a few questions though. Is there an English manual anywhere? The only issue I'm having is some pages of the dashboard and Grafana are still in German and in metric system. I did change to miles in the admin panel but seems it's not propagating everywhere.
There is actually an English manual in progress, but not ready.

Could you please name the dashboard with not translated words and metric system.

Will be happy to do that. But in the meantime, I seem to be having a problem authenticating after changing my Tesla password (and I've verified that the credentials are correct in the TeslaLogger.exe.config file).

24.06.2021 07:05:40 : #1: Error: GetTokenAsync2 HttpStatus: OK / Expecting: Redirect !!!
24.06.2021 07:05:40 : #1: Error: GetTokenAsync2 Redirect Location = null!!! Wrong credentials?
24.06.2021 07:05:40 : #1: Abort: Tesla_token == NULL
24.06.2021 07:05:40 : #1: *** Exit Loop !!!

I've tried re-entering the credentials to the car under the admin panel -> settings -> "My Tesla". But then I get the following. Strangely, I'm not seeing the captcha and also not getting prompted for my 2FA token.

1624511868218.png

There is actually an English manual in progress, but not ready.

Could you please name the dashboard with not translated words and metric system.
Here's a list of the untranslated and metric dashboards.

The first and actually key one for me is the main Dashboard under "Extras" which shows km instead of miles and shows a status of "Wird Geladen" when the car is charging.

The others are the grafana dashboards:
Odometer
Status
Speed Consumption
Trip Monthly Statistics
Verbrauchsstatistik

Would be happy to post some screenshots if needed.

Does anyone know how I can set a price for a charging station, so that TeslaLogger automatically fills the correct cost per session on that specific charging station ? Now I have to manually enter the cost per kWh for each session and that it a lot of manual work.

Does anyone know how I can set a price for a charging station, so that TeslaLogger automatically fills the correct cost per session on that specific charging station ? Now I have to manually enter the cost per kWh for each session and that it a lot of manual work.

Go to Admin Panel. Menu / Extras / Geofence. Edit the geofence your charger is located. Enable "Copy Charging Costs"

1625207047072.png

Reactions: sp33dm3 and goRt
I am currently using TeslaMate but this looks interesting to switch over to. For those using the Google Cloud solution how secure is it compared to running on a Pi at home?
It's pretty much the same. If Google or their employee might have access to your private cloud, they just have your Tesla Token and can open the car, but not start / drive it.

We are actually about to integrate wallbox meter and solar meter. So you can exactly see, what you really have to pay for the charging and not what Tesla claims. And how much you used solar for charging.
In Germany / Austria and Switzerland we have following popular Wallboxes with built in meter:
- OpenWB
- go e-charger
- Tesla Gen 3 Wall Connector.

What wallboxes with build in meters are popular in your region?

For people that's using the free Google cloud to host TeslaLogger, Google just sent an email to remind me to upgrade it to E2-micro to remain free. Here's part of the email:

"Upgrade your F1-micro VM to an E2-Micro to continue receiving the Free Tier discount.

Hello The_Observer,

We’ve identified that you’re using an F1-micro instance that is a part of the Compute Engine Free Tier. As we improve the experience of the Free Tier, we will be introducing the E2-micro VM, which is a part of a second generation VM family. It offers additional resources for your use, specifically 0.25 vCPU (which burst to 2 vCPU periodically) and 1 GB of RAM."

The extra RAM would be great, not much on the CPU side but atleast it is slightly better.