TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Open to the public?

Discussion in 'Tesla, Inc.' started by o37484744, Jul 5, 2007.

Tags:
  1. o37484744

o37484744 New Member

Does anyone know if you can visit Tesla Motors in San Carlos is, or if it is closed to the public?

Thanks,
    Eric

2. TEG

TEG TMC Moderator

You can't just walk up and expect to go inside. It isn't a museum. You would need to be invited.
    Various clubs and individuals have been invited for various reasons, so the list of people who have seen it is slowly growing.
    I think you could also plunk down a deposit for a Roadster and likely get an invitation that way!

3. W8MM

W8MM R1.5 #325 + Mdl S #01380

I called a sales guy listed on the web site and qualified myself as a potential buyer.  Since I am at the upper range of physical stature planned for accommodation in the cockpit, and my wife is at the extreme low end, I asked for a trial cockpit fitting for the both of us as a precondition for placing an order with deposit.

They gladly accepted and I went.

It was a great and congenial experience.