Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Open Vehicle Monitor System (OVMS) - Technical Discussion

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
OVMS with new server address and latest android app working fine in my zebra battery Think. Thanks!
Screenshot_20160411-173002.png

• Love
Reactions: markwj
I've found this not working for over a day now.
I've really been meaning to set up my own server.

Pulling out my network administrator hat. I think they have bad problems.
The web server is also out, but something strange. Connections get to TCP's ESTABLISHED state but data does not flow. That seems to imply some network configuration issue. There may be some network device which is accepting the connection and forwarding stuff which isn't working. Maybe there is a cloud instance which needs rebooting. The IP address is now of a HK based cloud provider which might be part of the problem.

I've found this not working for over a day now.
I've really been meaning to set up my own server.

Pulling out my network administrator hat. I think they have bad problems.
The web server is also out, but something strange. Connections get to TCP's ESTABLISHED state but data does not flow. That seems to imply some network configuration issue. There may be some network device which is accepting the connection and forwarding stuff which isn't working. Maybe there is a cloud instance which needs rebooting. The IP address is now of a HK based cloud provider which might be part of the problem.
Mark is in HK so that makes some sense.

Texting "GPRS?" to my OVMS returns:

GPRS:
APN:ATT.MVNO
User:
Password:
GSM:AT&T
GPRS: OK
Server: Connected OK

So, maybe the web server just needs a restart?
Ok

I have h2owireless and now have the following too:

GPRS: APN:att.mvno User: Password: GSM:AT&T GSM/GPRS: Not connected (0x0040)
GPRS: APN:att.mvno User: Password: GSM:AT&T GSM/GPRS: Not connected (0x0042)

hmmm... That points to something more than just the server, right?

Sorry guys. Seems like our upstream ISP had a routing issue causing high packet loss that affected some connections.

Our average server response time is normally about 270ms (global average). In the past few hours it has been >3,000ms at times. But not bad enough for Pingdom to raise an alert.

Issue has been resolved already, and things seem better now. If still not working for you, please let me know by the support@ email address.

Reactions: Mark77a