Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Open Vehicle Monitoring System

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
All v3 kits currently come with Hologram SIM as standard. You can use that at a very reasonable price (first US$5 of data also provided by Hologram free for OVMS users). My recommendation is to use that, for simplicity.

I would think that the only reason not to use Hologram is if you can get a +1 data SIM from your normal cellular / internet provider free (or very cheap).

How much data the system send monthly?
If you want it now, PM me. If you can wait until the end of the month, they will be up on Fasttech then.

Ok, I'm not in a rush. I'll wait till they get restocked at Fastech.

thanks!

Anyone knows when they might restock OVMS V3? As new roadster owner I would like remote monitor as on S:)

US kits are in stock at Fasttech.

EU kits have been held up in CE and ROHS certification - the newly certified kits should arrive late this week / early next. We are also setting up with a new UK distributor, and they should have EU kits in stock about a week later. So, the short answer is - around the end of June or early July.

Electric Vehicle (EV) - Open Vehicle Monitoring (OVMS) - Shop | OpenEnergyMonitor

Regards, Mark.

Reactions: AtAge19
US kits are in stock at Fasttech.

EU kits have been held up in CE and ROHS certification - the newly certified kits should arrive late this week / early next. We are also setting up with a new UK distributor, and they should have EU kits in stock about a week later. So, the short answer is - around the end of June or early July.

Electric Vehicle (EV) - Open Vehicle Monitoring (OVMS) - Shop | OpenEnergyMonitor

Regards, Mark.

I am wanting to try out OVMS on my 2012 Model S as well.
It looks like I can order another full kit of parts from Fasttech with the 3G modem, add the K-line board and have a go for Model S.

Adding some features like TPMS readout to my early-limited feature Model S would be neat, plus finally getting both of my cars on one phone app too is desirable.

I am ordering parts to get K-line support for the Roadster.

I am wanting to try out OVMS on my 2012 Model S as well.
It looks like I can order another full kit of parts from Fasttech with the 3G modem, add the K-line board and have a go for Model S.

Adding some features like TPMS readout to my early-limited feature Model S would be neat, plus finally getting both of my cars on one phone app too is desirable.

I am ordering parts to get K-line support for the Roadster.

Model S (and X) support for OVMS is very rudimentary, but I am working on it (my daily driver is a 2014 Model S). We do have TPMS ECU support (for the Baolong ECU), and a very nice BMS display (battery temperatures and voltages). Basics like SOC display, range, and charging, all seem ok.

If you have an S summer 2014, or earlier, it uses the same connector (and cable) as the Tesla Roadster for OVMS (cable is labelled OVT1 for 'early Tesla' cars). You will need: (a) OVMS, (b) OVT1 cable, and (c) antenna. You don't need the K-line board for Model S (as that Baolong ECU is programmed over CAN bus).

If your S is after summer 2014, it uses the newer Tesla cable. Prices of those online are ludicrously crazy, so we are making our own and this will be called the OVT2 cable. It should be available early next month. We've brought out the four CAN buses on that cable, so users other than OVMS can simply cut off the DB9 to end up with a pigtail they can do what they want with. It will be about the same price as the OVT1 cable.

• Love
Reactions: driver_EV and Krash
I've got a module I'm selling that I used to use on my Leaf but decided not to use on the Tesla. Specifically it's the OVMS v3.1 Base Module (Wifi/Bluetooth) fasttech Item# 9652892 including the GSM Antenna fasttech item #1000500. Looking for $60 delivered to wherever USPS flat rate shipping applies.

Model S (and X) support for OVMS is very rudimentary, but I am working on it (my daily driver is a 2014 Model S). We do have TPMS ECU support (for the Baolong ECU), and a very nice BMS display (battery temperatures and voltages). Basics like SOC display, range, and charging, all seem ok.

If you have an S summer 2014, or earlier, it uses the same connector (and cable) as the Tesla Roadster for OVMS (cable is labelled OVT1 for 'early Tesla' cars). You will need: (a) OVMS, (b) OVT1 cable, and (c) antenna. You don't need the K-line board for Model S (as that Baolong ECU is programmed over CAN bus).

If your S is after summer 2014, it uses the newer Tesla cable. Prices of those online are ludicrously crazy, so we are making our own and this will be called the OVT2 cable. It should be available early next month. We've brought out the four CAN buses on that cable, so users other than OVMS can simply cut off the DB9 to end up with a pigtail they can do what they want with. It will be about the same price as the OVT1 cable.

Thanks Mark for the info and all the work you do.

Reactions: markwj and ra88it

Okay, I got the parts in and ran through the setup on the Model S. It seems operating well on wifi and celldata.
I get very useful info like SOC percentage, ideal+estimated range, all 4 tires pressure and temps, current odometer and 12V battery voltage. First time I have been able to see 12V status and tire pressure info on my Model S without manually checking myself. -Very nice! OVMS adds some needed functionality that Tesla didn't. :) Looking forward to ongoing updates, like the vehicle location and graphics for Model S hopefully being available.

Thanks again.