Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Opening app stops charging?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As the title says, whenever I open the app, any charging that's happening at the moment stops - it tells the car to unlock/release the charging cable (glowing Tesla logo turns to light blue and the cable can be removed simply by pulling on it).

This has occurred while supercharging (3 different stalls) and home charging.

I've tried uninstaing and reinstalling the app and a hard reset but no luck.

Software: 2021.32.21
App: 4.1.1 - 667

3rd party apps cause this. Tesla service recommended I only use 1 aftermarket app and remove all the others. The problem is that removing the apps from the phone doesn’t stop the apps from monitoring your car. To only way to cleanly stop an app that has been configured to monitor you Tesla is to reset the password on your Tesla account. Then you will start getting emails from the deleted apps that they can no longer connect to your car!

Hey guys. To follow up here, yes my issue was ultimately resolved. I put in a request for service via the app and Tesla responded saying they were aware of the issue I was having and that it was the fault of the version of the app I had at the time.

A few days later Tesla released an update that fixed it.

Best I can suggest is to check your app is up to date. Good luck!