Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Opening Door Issue

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a month old Model X 2019. Twice I've come back to my car and noticed the driver side door open. This morning when I parked it at a charging station the rear passenger side door opened. I closed it on my display, set for charging and left. I came back and the rear passenger side door was completely open again. These are the falcon doors.
The drivers side door I could see me doing something silly, but this rear passenger door is really weird. I never use it so I don't know how it would open after I leave my car.

I have a month old Model X 2019. Twice I've come back to my car and noticed the driver side door open. This morning when I parked it at a charging station the rear passenger side door opened. I closed it on my display, set for charging and left. I came back and the rear passenger side door was completely open again. These are the falcon doors.
The drivers side door I could see me doing something silly, but this rear passenger door is really weird. I never use it so I don't know how it would open after I leave my car.

A few things, other than the accidental keyfob press...

1 - Do you have the lock confirmation sound enabled to know the vehicle locked?
2 - Do you have walk-away locking enabled?
3 - Are your mirrors set to fold-in upon locking (and have you see if they did indeed fold-in after leaving the vehicle or locking with the keyfob)?
4 - Do you have Sentry enabled (even if no event occurs, the vehicle is always saving the last hour of recordings on the drive - you can see if someone came by and see if anyone was around when it opened, assuming it was within the time frame).

Just noticed that the reply above was to a post from August, and they never returned.. oops. Sorry for the unnecessary bump on this thread.