Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Opening owner's manual crashes Tesla M3 computer.

Mark57

Sep 27, 2020
OKC
Software version?

My 2021 model 3 LR AWD and my wife's 2021 model 3 LR AWD are on 2021.4.15 with no issue opening the manual. I just tried it on both. It's still the old 2020.44 manual just like on the Tesla site.

I'd absolutely do a hard reboot (hold both scroll buttons and brake).

It may be overkill but after every software update, I do a hard reboot. Save headaches in the long run.

Reactions: alexgr

alexgr

Aug 13, 2019
Software version?

My 2021 model 3 LR AWD and my wife's 2021 model 3 LR AWD are on 2021.4.15 with no issue opening the manual. I just tried it on both. It's still the old 2020.44 manual just like on the Tesla site.

I'd absolutely do a hard reboot (hold both scroll buttons and brake).

It may be overkill but after every software update, I do a hard reboot. Save headaches in the long run.
2019 M3 LR DM 2021.4.15
I'll try the reboot with the pedal anyway just in case ....

Yes, I had it happen on our 2020 MYLR, it caused the air conditioning to go MAX and the screen locked up. Took a while before it rebooted. So I started driving back home and it started to come back after a few blocks.
Same thing happened for me as I was testing this. Same symptoms. 'Course I'm on 2021.3.103...awaiting my first update to show up.

goosemob

Jul 15, 2021
USA
Yes, I had it happen on our 2020 MYLR, it caused the air conditioning to go MAX and the screen locked up. Took a while before it rebooted. So I started driving back home and it started to come back after a few blocks.
This happened to me yesterday. Needed to reboot more than once (used the scroll wheels) to resolve the climate control issue. Today, the interior overview page still wouldn’t load.

Version: 2021.4.18.2

Reactions: cancoi

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC