Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Opening owner's manual crashes Tesla M3 computer.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Software version?

My 2021 model 3 LR AWD and my wife's 2021 model 3 LR AWD are on 2021.4.15 with no issue opening the manual. I just tried it on both. It's still the old 2020.44 manual just like on the Tesla site.

I'd absolutely do a hard reboot (hold both scroll buttons and brake).

It may be overkill but after every software update, I do a hard reboot. Save headaches in the long run.

Reactions: alexgr
Holding the brake during a reboot makes no difference. It might have at one point in time. The only two reboot options, both documented in the manual, are the scroll wheel reboot and powering down from the touchscreen. The latter is considered a “deeper” reboot.

• Informative
Reactions: alexgr
Software version?

My 2021 model 3 LR AWD and my wife's 2021 model 3 LR AWD are on 2021.4.15 with no issue opening the manual. I just tried it on both. It's still the old 2020.44 manual just like on the Tesla site.

I'd absolutely do a hard reboot (hold both scroll buttons and brake).

It may be overkill but after every software update, I do a hard reboot. Save headaches in the long run.
2019 M3 LR DM 2021.4.15
I'll try the reboot with the pedal anyway just in case ....

Yes, I had it happen on our 2020 MYLR, it caused the air conditioning to go MAX and the screen locked up. Took a while before it rebooted. So I started driving back home and it started to come back after a few blocks.
This happened to me yesterday. Needed to reboot more than once (used the scroll wheels) to resolve the climate control issue. Today, the interior overview page still wouldn’t load.

Version: 2021.4.18.2

Reactions: cancoi