Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Opening the charger port with button on the charge handle no longer works!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have had two instances at superchargers were the charger port door will not open when the button on the charger handle is pressed. I have not had a problem with the door opening when I press the when I press the button on the charger handle at home. Why am I having a problem at the superchargers? Thanks in advance.

I have had two instances at superchargers were the charger port door will not open when the button on the charger handle is pressed. I have not had a problem with the door opening when I press the when I press the button on the charger handle at home. Why am I having a problem at the superchargers? Thanks in advance.
Have you tried press and hold? I thought the button on my home charger plug had stopped working. Now I think it's down to the car being a little absent, as holding the button eventually gets its attention

My original problem turned out to be with my Tesla Wall Charger. Water had got into the button on the handle and it had stopped opening the flap even though it would disconnect the charger. The TWC was replaced under warranty and I haven't had a problem since.