TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

OpenPilot, comma.ai and George Hotz

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Olds442, Jun 25, 2018.

1. Olds442

Olds442 Member

I swear he's got to be a inspiration for Richard Hendricks on "Silicon Valley". Interesting video either way. I'd love to hear the forum's thoughts on the matter.

2. lunitiks

lunitiks ˭ ˭ ***** ∆ ***** ˭ ˭

lol

EDIT: Ok, that wasn’t really a comment. What I meant was, this guy is just so fun to watch

• Like x 1
  3. HankLloydRight

HankLloydRight No Roads

The part about AI learning to drive by watching people drive reminded me of this scene:

• Funny x 1
    • Love x 1
  4. Olds442

Olds442 Member

Crazier claims have been made, but if anyone watches Silicon Valley they have to see the parallels.

they'll need a hella lot of people using chffr to get enough data to support OpenPilot, I would think.

5. Flyboyn222pa

Flyboyn222pa Member

I’m currently running Openpilot 0.5 on my Model S. It’s similar to autopilot 1. It’s not very good if the road lines aren’t painted well or if the road is very twisty (neither is Autopilot) but it’s pretty good on most highways. Check out these links. I’m in the Tampa Bay Area if anyone wants to check out my setup. I’m also considering doing installs and selling wiring harnesses. Let me know if there is any interest.

-Ryan

• Like x 1
  6. Serendipity

Serendipity Member

I'd be interested in trying this. I know it interfaces with the ODB2 port. Is there a manufactured solution for the plug?

7. Flyboyn222pa

Flyboyn222pa Member

There is not a manufactured solution but I can make custom harnesses for your car. What year and model do you have. If it’s a 2013 I need the month of manufacture as well.