Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Operation BlueStar

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This just showed up on Facebook.

Investigation Uncovers Operation BlueStar

Could be complete BS, put the "silent partner" concept is intriguing, along with the idea that JB Straubel might have at lot more tricks up his sleeve than we're aware of.

Turns out that Volacom is a real company, in Burgaria, but their product line is quite specifically related to bird mitigation systems for airports & wind farms. Nothing to do with battery tech, transportation or aerospace.

-------------------------------------------------

UPDATE

Thanks to fengshui below for this link which tells the story behind the story in great detail:

Who Silent Partner? | Stock Gumshoe

Last edited:
You said "...their product line is quite specifically related to bird mitigation systems for airports & wind farms. Nothing to do with battery tech..."

So, who is being naive and short-sighted here?! Think about it! What do you think will help "store the energy" into these new-fangled, long-range, batteries and self-healing grid that Musk/Tesla is attempting to build? Well, whether the sun is shining or not, the wind may be blowing so... wind energy could be a HUGE factor in helping generate and store energy for use in the "cloudy times" when solar is not able to "juice the grid." Why would Tesla NOT partner with such companies that help mitigate damage to both the wind farms and the birds that may be impacted by them? It makes Musk/Tesla a more "environmentally-aware/friendly company" in the eyes of shareholders and the general public. And what would you be willing to "bet" that Volacom is possibly a wholly-owned subsidiary of a manjor Wind-Energy-Tech giant? I'm just saying "follow the bread-crumbs here" and don't be afraid the think outside the windmill.

300x200_06161613_spring2011jet.jpg
Img23a.jpg
interesting..

Wind is bogus

Winf energy has been nothing more than a decoration to date. We still need to develop large energy storage in order to trickle the grid.

You said "...their product line is quite specifically related to bird mitigation systems for airports & wind farms. Nothing to do with battery tech..."

So, who is being naive and short-sighted here?! Think about it! What do you think will help "store the energy" into these new-fangled, long-range, batteries and self-healing grid that Musk/Tesla is attempting to build? Well, whether the sun is shining or not, the wind may be blowing so... wind energy could be a HUGE factor in helping generate and store energy for use in the "cloudy times" when solar is not able to "juice the grid." Why would Tesla NOT partner with such companies that help mitigate damage to both the wind farms and the birds that may be impacted by them? It makes Musk/Tesla a more "environmentally-aware/friendly company" in the eyes of shareholders and the general public. And what would you be willing to "bet" that Volacom is possibly a wholly-owned subsidiary of a manjor Wind-Energy-Tech giant? I'm just saying "follow the bread-crumbs here" and don't be afraid the think outside the windmill.

Well. This certainly isn't what I expected this thread would be about...

I read through $tock Gumshoe's analysis of someone else's teaser... "Who's Tesla's 'Operation Bluestar' Silent Partner?"

Meh.

I found it strange that the whole time I was reading it, no one went back to the point of it being an American, or at least, North American, supplier. That is, not just someone that operated in North America.

There were zillions of replies after the article. I only skimmed them.

But it didn't seem that either the main article or the replies covered the fact that Lithium is a very small percentage of what goes into the batteries used by Tesla Motors. If you'll remember, Elon Musk has been quoted as saying Lithium is, "...no more than the salt in the salad..." when it comes to the chemical composition used within the ionic solution of the batteries.

Lithium. Nickel. Cobalt. Aluminum.

Hello? ALUMINUM? Tesla is already working with ALCOA (AA), in Tennessee. They provide the sheet metal that is used in production of Model S and Model X. They will also be the primary provider of materials for the aluminum bodied version of the Ford F-Series pickup trucks that will debut next year. They recently went well out of their way to publicize a new 'battery' technology, based on aluminum, that might be used as a 'range extender' for EVs.

I get the impression this whole exercise is to make people look at Panasonic, when they should instead be considering ALCOA (AA). I don't think Tesla would be interested in their range extender concept... But they are already working together, and I'd personally love to see the Tesla Generation III vehicles made of aluminum -- instead of steel or plastic/fiberglass composites.

It's all about the battery. That problem has now been solved. Just do an online search for "Dual Carbon Battery 2014". You will find that Power Japan Plus", the company that already provides the Lithium batteries for Telsa has finally made the breakthrough in carbon battery technology. They are the likely "Silent Partner". These batteries will be more cost effective due to the abundance of carbon verse rare earth. They also have a much faster charging ability. The car will be able to travel 300 miles and only take 20 minutes to recharge. The new battery pack should be able to take 3000 charges which is equal to 900,000 miles. Resale value of the EV will surpass any fossil fuel vehicle. Charging stations will be at your local parking lot at every fast food outlet, department store, grocery store and mall across the nation. Charging at home will be common place. Retrofits to an existing home will be like adding a new outlet.

The need for power for the national grid is going to be one of the main concerns. If in the USA they would just look at geothermal energy more closely as an alternative. Areas around Yellowstone national park would be a good place to start. They would then be able to stop fracking for gas to be used in power generation. Surly they can see how geothermal has been able to power countries like Iceland. It is so much more greener and cost effective. In BC Canada they want to build another huge hydro plant called "Site C". They are also going to be adding to two more generators to Mica Dam. All in anticipation of the next twenty years of crossing over from fossil fuel vehicles to electric.

As for the aluminum aspect in this thread, it is justified. Less weight and durability. Rio-Tinto-Alcan is currently rebuilding their operations in Kitimat, BC Canada. Also in BC, Canada the mining industry I growing exponentially. Are they just mining gold, zinc and copper ? No, they will be mining for the aluminum that the new smelter will be able to process. The current upgrading to the Prince Rupert, BC port, will enable the export of the increase in aluminum production. That port will be used for LNG, Oil and Aluminum exports to the rest of the world.

Cheers, happy investing in the future :biggrin:

It's all about the battery. That problem has now been solved. Just do an online search for "Dual Carbon Battery 2014". You will find that Power Japan Plus", the company that already provides the Lithium batteries for Telsa has finally made the breakthrough in carbon battery technology. They are the likely "Silent Partner".

Power Plus Japan was discussed in this thread and my opinion is that they're full of hype with no substance but I hope I am proved wrong:

The Atlantic:The Organic Battery From Japan That Could Spawn The Next Tesla

The need for power for the national grid is going to be one of the main concerns. If in the USA they would just look at geothermal energy more closely as an alternative. Areas around Yellowstone national park would be a good place to start. They would then be able to stop fracking for gas to be used in power generation. Surly they can see how geothermal has been able to power countries like Iceland. It is so much more greener and cost effective.
The problem is that in the United States of America all economists and financial analysts and business planners are trained to think in terms of unit sales per quarter as the only means to measure, track, and grow sales. They really don't like the idea of infrastructure that can be built or purchased once, then used forevermore afterward. They especially don't like it as a means to deliver power for energy independence at low rates for consumers. So they go out of their way to demonize and/or marginalize any and all forms of 'alternative energy' in any way they can. They just choose the appropriate set of catch phrases that are sure to set off an emotional response and pepper them throughout their rhetoric. Unfortunately, it works far better than logic to convince people most of the time.