Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Operations Checklist

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Jimmologist

Supporting Member
Jun 28, 2021
Knoxville, TN
Upon delivery of my M3LR, I have a 200 mile trip home. While I'm on my third reading of the Owner's Manual, I'm thinking of creating a Quick Reference Card or an Operations Checklist to remind me how to do many of the things that can/need to be done when operating a Tesla. Things that experienced operators know by rote, but new drivers need a reminder.

So, is there an "operations checklist" available for the Model 3? I'm not talking about the delivery checklist looking for flaws, etc., but a checklist to use for the operating steps starting when you approach and enter the car for the very first time, perform the initial setup, start-off driving, common driving operations, parking, charging, etc.

Basically, taking the 234 page owner's manual and creating a "Quick Reference Guide" to help new users. Much like a aircraft checklist for pilots. Not a replacement for the Owner's Manual but just a reminder for new users.

Plus maybe a list of the top or most common settings to review/set.

I havent seen one, but regular operation of the vehicle isnt much different from any other vehicle. For your drive home, as long as you dont drive 80MPH you should be able to make that 200 mile drive home without charging.

The manual covers a lot of stuff, but most of it is not necessary for each drive. Most of it is set once how you want it, and leave it alone, so you dont need a checklist for every time you drive the car.

You might want to make yourself a checklist of things to set the first time, I could see that, but for each time you get in the car? Unless you did that with your previous vehicle, you wont need it for this one either.

Upvote 0
I havent seen one, but regular operation of the vehicle isnt much different from any other vehicle. For your drive home, as long as you dont drive 80MPH you should be able to make that 200 mile drive home without charging.

The manual covers a lot of stuff, but most of it is not necessary for each drive. Most of it is set once how you want it, and leave it alone, so you dont need a checklist for every time you drive the car.

You might want to make yourself a checklist of things to set the first time, I could see that, but for each time you get in the car? Unless you did that with your previous vehicle, you wont need it for this one either.
Yes, I'm thinking it would be mostly a "one-time" use list. And it's the "not like other cars" things that I want to list such as Cruise Control.

Upvote 0
I've been thinking about this some more and I watched a YouTube video where a new Tesla owner picked up their M3 and was accompanied by an experienced Tesla owner. The experienced owner showed them the things to do get setup, start driving and then showed how a few things worked while driving. That's the list that I'm thinking of creating. So, I'll get a draft together and post it back here for all you "experienced" drivers to comment on.

Reactions: bruce4000
Upvote 0
I've been thinking about this some more and I watched a YouTube video where a new Tesla owner picked up their M3 and was accompanied by an experienced Tesla owner. The experienced owner showed them the things to do get setup, start driving and then showed how a few things worked while driving. That's the list that I'm thinking of creating. So, I'll get a draft together and post it back here for all you "experienced" drivers to comment on.
Mind sharing that YouTube video link?

Reactions: bruce4000
Upvote 0