Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

OPINION: Model 3 made in China better quality than USA built.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Toyota builds cars in the United States and they are still Japanese. Tesla builds cars in China and they will be American to the rest of the world,

No different than the Apple iPhone,

90% of the world supply of BMW SUVs (X1, X2, X3, X4, X5, X6, X7) are made in South Carolina. In fact, I believe ALL of the X3,4,5,6,7 are made there. People still call that a German car (not sure if the Germans themselves do, however). X1s for Germany are made there, and I dont think many Germans buy X4/X5/X6... too big for europe I think.

Reactions: Axtrader
+1. My P3D- is the best car I have ever owned by a wide margin. The cost of a BMW 3 series, faster than almost anything even double its price, operating costs less than the most economical sedans, cutting edge technology... I think they are a few years ahead of the industry.

I hope their build quality improves over time, in all the plants they build them in, and I hope they continue to innovate and improve their products.... but even as it is now, this car is still an amazing accomplishment by essentially a startup company.

my $0.02

Reactions: Fernand
I don't think "no time constrains" is accurate, from a muddy field to test drive the first GF3 produced cars it only took the Chinese exactly 10 months, I'm pretty sure the timeline is pretty constrained. :)
the time to build the show cars .the cars were not rush down aassy line from hell to meet end of quarter sales. The time to build factory and produce these cars is nothing short of ufb. Still these cars are not mass produced under extreme pressure,but still a very good ind. of the product to come

+1. My P3D- is the best car I have ever owned by a wide margin. The cost of a BMW 3 series, faster than almost anything even double its price, operating costs less than the most economical sedans, cutting edge technology... I think they are a few years ahead of the industry.

I hope their build quality improves over time, in all the plants they build them in, and I hope they continue to innovate and improve their products.... but even as it is now, this car is still an amazing accomplishment by essentially a startup company.

my $0.02

Now I'm not sure I'd call my P3D+ the best car I've ever owned as it has some stiff competition from the Model S I traded in.

But, the fact that it is such an awesome vehicle is why I'm so harsh with Tesla. Where any little bit of improvement pushes it so much further away from the competition.

They've obviously improved the quality or Consumer Reports wouldn't have added it to their recommended list of cars. Once you have CR you're doing pretty good.

[QUOTE="S4WRXTTCS, post: ....But, the fact that it is such an awesome vehicle is why I'm so harsh with Tesla. [/QUOTE]

I don't understand.... You're saying the car Tesla makes is amazing & that's why you're so harsh on them? It makes more sense to me to be harsh on the companies who are making crappy vehicles and praise the ones who make good ones ("good" being subjective)

1) These are not regular prodcution cars.
2) Many Chinese consumers apparently like the idea of a "built in California" Teslas. Tesla China wants to overcome this consumer preference.

Perhaps Shanghai Model 3 will be better built.But there is no way to knowing until China actually makes production vehicles in volume.