Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Opinion needed - 2017 Model S 90D - 38K miles

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey everyone,

I am currently in the process of buying a car with all features and options. The car is a 2017 Tesla Model S 90D with 38,000 miles. The features include:
  • Free transferable supercharging (verified with option codes. Also car is a 12/2016 build but vin is 2017)
  • Free premium connectivity for life
  • Ultra white premium tesla seats
  • Sunroof
  • 72amp charger upgrade
  • MCU2
  • Full Self Driving (purchased)
  • AP3 hardware
  • Smart Air Suspension
  • Subzero Weather package
  • Ultra high fidelity sound
  • Carbon fiber decor
  • Obsidian Black color
  • Full ceramic coating
Basically it has all the options one can imagine. I am being quoted a price of $65,000 flat. What is your opinion on this? Is it ridiculously overpriced or is it somewhat okay. I know it's not a "good priced deal" per-say but just trying to gauge if it is even reasonable to consider this. I would really appreciate any opinion here.

Sounds like a nice car but you can get a 90D for closer to 50k if you don't mind losing the free supercharging (if it's from a dealer). But if it's exactly what you wanted down to the colors and options, you might have to wait 6 months before the exact same thing came up again on the market. Though, you can get the new long range S for $80k with full warranty and most of those same options except free supercharging. It depends what you want and how soon. But for $65k I'd want some kind of warranty, i.e. from Tesla directly.

I have the same options and year and [battery size and KBB is saying $58K third party or top end of a dealer price ( not trade in) . probabbaly trying to recoup the price of the ceramic and theHW3/MCU2 upgrades how are the tires? is it the version 3 90 kw pack if not the battery may be degraded. it should show at least 268Miles at full

I have the same options and year and [battery size and KBB is saying $58K third party or top end of a dealer price ( not trade in) . probabbaly trying to recoup the price of the ceramic and theHW3/MCU2 upgrades how are the tires? is it the version 3 90 kw pack if not the battery may be degraded. it should show at least 268Miles at full
It is v3 battery (1088790-00-A). I looked it up and I think it is one of the newer ones. At full, it is showing 280 miles. So battery is definitely in good condition. I PM'd you. Please look at your inbox.

imo I'd put it closer to 60 but the scarcity gives the seller the ultimate advantage. If not willing to negotiate IMO Id pay the 65 and just enjoy that beautiful automobile. FSD: ( I have a '21 FSD Y that I jumped on just because it was available and I use FSD throughout chicago every trip without fail. Its not perfect by any means, but its truly remarkable.)