Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Opinion on a used 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I made a reservation for a white LRAWD for 40800. It has 3k miles and 19 wheels build date of 12/2018.

I saw another car LRRWD for 35000. 19 Aeros and build date of 04/2018.
Which should I get? I dont need the AWD here in San Diego. Help! Lol I'm leaning towards the rwd since its 5k cheaper. Any hardware differences?

2018 Tesla Model 3 5YJ3E1EA9JF011815

Blue 2018 build date 04-18. 18 aeros with 4k miles.

Any major Hardware changes i should take into consideration b/w April and December? For 5k Difference should is gen 2 much better? I'm trying to look at the pictures. and i can't tell with one of the pictures the drivers side seat's side looks damaged.. I told my SA that I'll call him back tomorrow on my answer.

Last edited:
Even the front's were different? I thought i was only the back. Damn. Are the new seats worth 5k. I never sat in the old ones.

yes front and rear are different

they are both considered premium interior but there is slight difference, gen 1 & 2

fronts are very similar other than change in stitching, the more pronounced change is in the rear, the bottom portion looks more cushiony

Those look like gen 1. The VIN is 11000 so it’s a pretty early build. I believe the gen 2 seats started showing up around VIN 17k. Personally I’d go with the AWD car your looking at because of the seats. The rear gen 2 seats are much more comfortable.
Theres going to be two car seats in the back so no one will be back there.. I think I'm going to go for the 35k one and get fsd.. if I bought the 40k I wouldn't be able to get fsd it would cost too much.. this weekend I'll see if I can find someone who has gen 1 seats and try it out.. Is Gen1 seats not comfortable?

Last edited:
Reactions: groovidad and VT_EE
Theres going to be two car seats in the back so no one will be back there.. I think I'm going to go for the 35k one and get fsd.. if I bought the 40k I wouldn't be able to get fsd it would cost too much.. this weekend I'll see if I can find someone who has gen 1 seats and try it out.. Is Gen1 seats not comfortable?

FWIW Bjorn has a video about gen 1 vs gen 2 rear seats.

Reactions: shiftkenny