Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Opinion on getting graphics on tires?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My car is getting wrapped as we speak, it's the car in the actual photo. One of the shop's buddies is starting putting graphics on tires and his BMW is the same color as mine and is asking if I want any graphics on my tires. He said he would do it for free, any color, any writing... he is just trying to get people asking "Where did you get those done" and share his details, which I have no problem doing. I'm just deciding whether to do it or not. I was thinking how would just having "Performance" written in white letters look on each tire or maybe Model 3 Performance or something...

What are your thoughts?

Should I do it (it's free)? If so, what should I have written? What color should the lettering be? I need to decide within an hour as the car is expected to be finished tomorrow or the latest by Saturday.

See attached pictures for his BMW and my Model 3 Performance. Thanks!
IMG_8649.jpg
IMG_8648.JPG
IMG_8647.JPG

terrible, IMO. but ultimately it's your car and whatever you like is all that matters.

I don't know how I feel about them... the views in this thread will likely decide for me if I get enough opinions... otherwise I'll be left more indecisive than before lol. I know I wouldn't want all the graphics as in the example, but I also don't know if I want anything at all.

• Funny
Reactions: P85_DA
If you have a Performance car and you intend on taking it to the track then I think it might be OK. If it's just a standard car you are going to take to the supermarket and work then it's just kind of cheesy, trying to hard to be something it's not. If it's a car that you are going to race, make it look like a race car.. otherwise... don't. Just my opinion.. but again do whatever makes you happy, that's more important than anyone else's opinion.

If you have a Performance car and you intend on taking it to the track then I think it might be OK. If it's just a standard car you are going to take to the supermarket and work then it's just kind of cheesy, trying to hard to be something it's not. If it's a car that you are going to race, make it look like a race car.. otherwise... don't. Just my opinion.. but again do whatever makes you happy, that's more important than anyone else's opinion.

Yes, that was my initial impression too. I'm going to tell them thanks for the offer, but I'll pass. Thanks guys!

• Love
Reactions: P85_DA
It really depends. Back in the day I had Michelins with the wording picked out in white on a white car and it actually looked pretty good. I think this would be cool if you were going for the rally look and had other wording on the body of the car too.