Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Opinion on tinting the back window

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If they stop the tint at the OEM tint line, it will look fine from the outside, but the result from the inside is (in my opinion) rather unsightly. It's worth it in my opinion to find a shop that can do the entire rear glass in one piece of tint.

If they stop the tint at the OEM tint line, it will look fine from the outside, but the result from the inside is (in my opinion) rather unsightly. It's worth it in my opinion to find a shop that can do the entire rear glass in one piece of tint.
yup, you beat me to it. Was going to say the same thing.

OP, an EXTRA $200-$300 ? Hmmm, sounds not right. I paid $180 for the whole back window on the X, but that was 3 years ago and maybe a different quality film than yours.

yup, you beat me to it. Was going to say the same thing.

OP, an EXTRA $200-$300 ? Hmmm, sounds not right. I paid $180 for the whole back window on the X, but that was 3 years ago and maybe a different quality film than yours.

Not sure about other locations but in Virginia, below are the quotes I'm getting.....

Suntek CXP full one piece $775 vs Back window stopping at dyed glass @ $350.....

This is coming from a shop that is highly reputable (Tint FX).

• Helpful
Reactions: Silicon Desert
Not sure about other locations but in Virginia, below are the quotes I'm getting.....

Suntek CXP full one piece $775 vs Back window stopping at dyed glass @ $350.....

This is coming from a shop that is highly reputable (Tint FX).
hmmm, ok. I don't know what to say. Something just sounds expensive to me, but I may just be out of touch with this stuff in today's market. I did my X 3 years ago with same film and the whole car was about that price. So, I am baffled what is the difference.

Out of curiosity. Is it a shop that does only film, or do they do other detail work. Out here where I live, it makes a significant difference in price (window only shop being lower). And how about their warranty?

Only film but includes commercial and residential as well. Warranty looks to be lifetime

Window Tinting in Vienna, Va. Car Tint in Fairfax County since 2012

Not sure being in the DC metro area causes the prices to be exponentially higher than other areas but I was not expecting the prices to be this high....

• Helpful
Reactions: Silicon Desert
I went to LA Tint in Manassas and am happy with it.

The quote was pinnacle is $589 and stratos is $889. This included one piece rear and sunroof.

The front windshield in Air 80 is $160. The Stratos is $239.

I went with 35% Pinnacle all around. Air 80 on the windshield and sunroof. If I were to do it again, I would have done the windshield in stratos.