TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Opinion or knowledge of 1.5 Roadster values?

Discussion in 'Tesla for Sale' started by Scott Ales, Sep 5, 2013.

1. Scott Ales

Scott Ales Member

Can anyone speak to the values of 2008 1.5 Roadsters over serial #350 with 10k miles or so? I am trying to buy one for resale and thus far feel they may be worth $60-65k in the open market. Agree or disagree?

2. PokerBroker

PokerBroker Member

I bought #105 as Certified Pre-owned from Tesla with 17,000mi in August. The car was fully reconditioned and all worn parts were replaced, including cosmetics. I received a 37 month/37,000 mile warranty including the battery from the date of my purchase. Also included UMC for charging, 120v spare connector, softtop AND hardtop.

All for the beautiful price of $57,700.

Check out the link: http://www.teslamotors.com/preowned

NOTE: My Roadster never made it to the page... they are not keeping up with getting the incoming Roadsters listed so it is likely that they have a number of 1.5 options for you even though there aren't any posted online.

Contact: Ryan Kennedy at [email protected], he is the CPO Manager

3. Scott Ales

Scott Ales Member

Sounds like a great buy with the warranty! I would think that is near the bottom of the market unless someone had considerably more miles.

4. bart513

bart513 Member

Any particular reason that you are looking for models with serial numbers above #350?

5. Scott Ales

Scott Ales Member

I feel the resale market of these would be the best to present to the open market as a value. Do you agree? As a 30 year car guy I would rather make a few thousand buying and selling Tesla's than ICE vehicles. Just trying to better understand the marketplace.

6. Andrew Wolfe

Andrew Wolfe Roadster 472 - S 440

I bought mine (#472 with just under 13K miles) over a year ago for $65K. At that time - just before Model S trade-ins started, it was a very good price. Now, I think it is a little high for a 2008.

There were some great deals a while back when Tesla dumped a bunch of CPOs onto the market - but I think that prices for what you are describing are in the $55-60K range now and will continue to drop a little each month for a while just like normal used cars.

7. Scott Ales

Scott Ales Member

Thank you all for the input, very helpful.