Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Opinion wanted on my wheel alignment

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
"A lot of shops are hesitant to work on Tesla's" may just be the understatement of the century.

My local tire shop told me that they would rather lose tire sales than take any risk at all jacking the car up and damaging the battery pack. Company-wide policy. No Tesla tire sales.

I once had a tint shop tell me they wouldn't tint the front windows because taping in the door sensor to keep the window all the way up sets off error codes.

I had a reputable detail shop tell me they couldn't detail the car because of the "special" paint. Nudge nudge wink wink. They, of course, meant ultra-thin paint.

I have found many traditional car shops are terrified of liability working on Teslas.

• Funny
Reactions: Big Earl
I called Tesla of Savannah Georgia and the technician told me that camber and caster are indeed NOT adjustable on the Y and 3. He said on the X and S there's is 1 degree adjustability but not on the Y/3.
Tesla guys in my area said camber and caster is adjustable but many alignment shops don't want to do it because you have to remove the frunk tub and another plastic piece to access the adjustment bolts. Tesla was able to fix on my MYLR 2022.

Attachments

• 20220519_212629.jpg
    20220519_212629.jpg
    395.3 KB · Views: 72
I called Tesla of Savannah Georgia and the technician told me that camber and caster are indeed NOT adjustable on the Y and 3. He said on the X and S there's is 1 degree adjustability but not on the Y/3.
I wouldn't say that these settings are "officially" adjustable, but you can move the upper suspension mounts a little bit by using the play in the bolt holes.

1653059721379.png

Reactions: JonB65
Getting MPP adjustable rear camber and toe arms was one the best things I ever did. I am also going to add the adjustable front upper control arms to dial in the fronts. Alignment adjustability is one of the areas where regrettably Tesla really cut costs - too much value engineering! Its a lot of work to get these aftermarket parts and get the alignment right, but when I rotated my tires last weekend they were wearing PERFECT with even treadwear all the way across the contact patch. That makes it totally worth it to me.