TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Opinion Wanted

Discussion in 'Model S' started by Zwalderon, Jan 22, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Zwalderon

Zwalderon Member

I'm a bit of a pro-Tesla champion at Seeking Alpha, often pushing back on FUD.
    But I always strive to be honest and don't know how to respond to one of the critic's biggest criticism;
    that Tesla is too slow in rolling out autopilot features, including the autosteer 45mph limit.
    What is the opinion of actual affected owners?

2. oneday

oneday Member

This question should probably be over at the investment sub forum.

But I'll give my opinion anyway. Seeking Alpha is a giant waste of electrons. By reading the garbage click bait Tesla articles over there you are essentially providing income for the FUDsters as they get paid per click. Many of the short authors there are paid shills of either big auto/ big oil or both. This goes for the commenters there as well. If you're not getting paid to fight the FUD there it's not worth your time. If you want to spread the message of EVs, clean energy, and Tesla do it with people you have credibility, i.e. Friends, family, coworkers, etc. Do not feed the trolls. Every once in a while there is a decent article so scan the titles, know the authors, but the rest don't poison your mind or waste your time.

Edit: after reading your post again.... maybe that's not the topic of opinion you wanted. If it's about autopilot and Tesla. Yeah, they consistently over promise and under deliver. They are perpetually late. But they are still way ahead of the pack, and at this point it's really become their corporate culture. As to autopilot, my experience is only w/ ap1 and it's still better than anything else out there, plus you're in a Tesla

If they weren't hands down years (decade?) ahead of every other automaker you can worry about your investment. I'm assuming you have one. If so, and you believe in the company, the investment advice, strategy, and analysis here at TMC in the investment sub forum is pure gold. I've made good money and good trades listening to people here. But as always, do your own due diligence and trade only in your comfort zone.

• Like x 1
  3. kort677

kort677 Banned

what 45 mph limit?

4. NikeWings

NikeWings Active Member

Ask them why during the period of <30 days that AP2 components (such as auto steer @45 whatever that is) have been delayed, has the share price increased ~17%? Why are tesla sales growing while other cars in its clas are declining Q/Q and Y/Y? And on...

Don't get drawn into petty rants.

5. Zwalderon

Zwalderon Member

It's the Tesla owners' opinion on slow AP function downloads that I was wondering about.
    But you bring up good points about Seeking Alpha.
    My focus has mainly been directed toward FUDster attacks on Tesla's environmental benefits.
    My fear has been such attacks could influence electrification acceptance and speed of implementation, for the sole purpose of supporting a Tesla bear's greedy short-term financial gain.
    I suppose I give them credit for too much influence.

Thanks for the advice about the investment forum.

6. Zwalderon

Zwalderon Member

Word is that autosteer is limited to 45mph and under. Is that wrong?

7. kort677

kort677 Banned

not in my ap1 equipped car

8. azred

azred Member

Seeking Apha is seeking stupidity. Find another way to waste time.

9. byt

byt Member

Argument? Ask them which car do they drive with Autopilot at any speed? Drop the Mic and walk away never to bothered by them again! :p

10. animorph

animorph Member

We can put up with some delays from an optimistic Tesla.

The alternative is to wait a few years for Tesla, or anyone, to get it perfect and then give it to us.

If someone doesn't want to be on the bleeding edge they can wait for perfection.

11. caltechkid

caltechkid Member

Only AP2...

12. artsci

artsci Sponsor

Agree totally.

I gave up on Seeking Alpha about a year ago. I use it to track my portfolio but otherwise pay no attention to all of the garbage that gets posted there. There is no defense against the Tesla haters who post there. I'm guessing most of them are shorts.

• Like x 1
  13. MarcusMaximus

MarcusMaximus Member

For AP2, it's currently limited to 45mph(up from 35mph for the initial 1000 rollout as of last week). Of course that's vs. every other company's limit of 0mph. TACC on AP2 has a much more reasonable 75mph limit.