Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Opinions about my battery pack health 2015 90D

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don't think OP was asking for a new battery.
That being said, I don't see anything surprising about your module voltages but am certainly no battery expert.
I am really not sure there is anyone with enough knowledge to say much about your battery except perhaps a few Tesla engineers that are sworn to secrecy. And would we really trust them anyway?
You have greater than average degradation and I think you know that. It isn't terrible but a bit greater than average.
I am about 8% with a 2105, 86k, minimal supercharging, 70 battery.

1000 kw DC is probably over 20 supercharging sessions. That one comment of yours is interesting. This is presumably not your car and you haven't owned a Tesla before?

Why is 11.1% rounded to 12%?

If I remember correctly, the 90s lost a lot of capacity originally and there were lots of concerns that this new pack would have longevity issues. Then it turned out they fared better than the 85s when it came to charge limitations and range limitations. So if we throw that in - that 90s lost a lot in the first year - say 5% - then your 11% sounds pretty good - roughly 1% per year. And really that is probably the average battery - 90s probably lost 6% first year and the others were more like 4%.

So I wouldn't have any concerns about buying the car personally if that is the question.

Thanks for feedback. It is my first Tesla:) and I got it used some time ago, so I didn’t know how the previous owner used it until I was able to get into the diagnostic screens. Now I know it was not supercharged a lot, but battery degradation is on higher end ( I read on the forums here that what degrades batteries the most is supercharging, so this is puzzling ). So if the battery degrades this much without supercharging, this leads me to believe that it’s completely not advisable to supercharge if I want to keep my degradation reasonable:( I still need to get 4-5 years use out of it:)

Guys, it’s a 4 letter code, it’s unique to each car and changes frequently. The only way you can get it is when you do eMMC repair for your car, the repair person can provide it for you, or you have to have friends at SC. I did my eMMC repair recently, so this is how I got it, but the code did not last long as the car changes it time to time when connected to internet.

Can we stay on topic here pls, anyone knowledgeable has any comments about my battery health?

The 90 packs have a different cell chemistry and are known for higher initial degradation, but after the first 10%, it levels off. Also, I think the 90's don't have charge gate, and battery gate nerfing as much as the 85's

Per CAN bus reader, I can view the modules and strings in my pack. I do have a problem with number 2, it reads as much as 40mv lower than the rest. I seem to average 20 mv low, and a nominal capacity of 77 KwH.

My degradation is about 6% after 5 years and 36k miles. See signature for details.

Did you know that Teslafi allows you to compare your degradation with other cars of the same type and mileage? Mine is slightly above average.

• Informative
Reactions: Vegas