Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Opinions of the 75D

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here’s my 75D:

37EFAA76-5166-4571-B3F3-33D7DDD03F72.jpeg

• Informative
Reactions: E Dizzle
Thanks for the replies everyone. After considering it, I decided to pass up on the 75D. I think I might just buy a raven model and maybe finance about 40%. I’d be happier with that in the long term I guess. Still not made a final decision on whether we’re going to buy another model 3, an S or even go for a model X.

Reactions: appleguru
FYI to OP, if you decide this is important to you, MCU 2 cars were manufactured after March 2018.

I have a Dec 2017 75 D. 22,000 miles and get 245 miles on a full charge.

If there is minimal price difference, get an MCU2 car. Faster upgrade timeframe to FSD and I feel like Tesla theater will eventually be used for Sentry Viewing in car.

Important distinction to avoid confusion: Tesla ended the CPO program so you're talking about a used car and not a CPO which would normally denote a certain level of cosmetic inspection and refurbishment. What you're getting is a used car with a factory warranty against mechanical defects that likely hasn't had the 70pt inspection done. It's important that you know you're buying a used car and inspect it thoroughly as any cosmetic issues are yours once you sign the paperwork. If you want them to fix anything ask before you sign paperwork and force them to put it in writing.

Reactions: PWlakewood
Thanks for the replies everyone. After considering it, I decided to pass up on the 75D. I think I might just buy a raven model and maybe finance about 40%. I’d be happier with that in the long term I guess. Still not made a final decision on whether we’re going to buy another model 3, an S or even go for a model X.
If it's a quick car your after a 75D is plenty fast for most with a 0-60 in around 4 secs. Dont be so quick to rule out a 75D with MCU2 as you might be surprised. I would suggest driving as many variations as you can.

Reactions: SilverGS
I’m not quite sure what you mean by this.

If you’re referring to the onboard AC (level 2) charger, the Model S came with either a 48 or 72 amp option in 2017. The Model 3 comes with a 32 amp (SR/SR+) or 48 amp (all others) onboard charger. So the S is at least as capable if not more than all Model 3s.

If talking about supercharging, the amperage of the onboard charger is irrelevant. As of recently, ALL Model 3s will have max supercharging rates higher than the S. SR and SR+ Model 3s can now charge up to 170kw. The S75 will see 110-120kw max.
Yes, I was talking about supercharging. I obviously can't work and post on TMC at the same time. :oops:

Looking at the specs, I've always been under the impression that the SR and SR+ charged at a lower rate then the LR3 or P3. The OP said that he owned a M3 (didn't specify which version) and I was in artfully trying to convey my (mis)understanding that the SR and SR+ charged at a similar rate to the 75 pack.

First post and just bought a 60D unlocked and rebadged to 75D plus uncorking 2016 Facelift. Car is a CPO with 51k in Kms. Has the MCU1 but all the AP1 features. I gotta say that value for money so far and the 4.2 0-60 feels great. The 80k warranty made it a no brainer for me.

Took the savings and added a spoiler, blackout, wheels and red calipres to celebrate the win.

All depends what makes u happy!

Interesting follow up on my battery performance. I am getting 438 km to a 90% charge level. Seems better than comparable 2016's. I wonder if the fact that the car spent most of its life as a SW locked 60D has preserved the battery degradation. Zero data to support this hypothesis but.......

Reactions: nicedrum