TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Opinions of value please

Discussion in 'Tesla for Sale' started by Rhart, Jul 24, 2009.

1. Rhart

Rhart New Member

I would like to get your opinions of what this car should sell for.
    '08 Metallic Black, 800 miles, excellent condition, carbon fiber hardtop, Bluetooth-Sat radio-Nav, Premium Sound, Tesla Floor Mats, mobile connector, upgraded leather. Serial a bit below 150.
    Thanks in advance.

2. Kardax

Kardax Member

The waiting list is getting pretty short, so prospective buyers have to weigh getting your car today against getting a brand new one in a few months.

Based on that, I'm thinking you're in the $85,000 range, maybe a little more if yours is specced out exactly the way someone wants it.

-Ryan

3. vfx

vfx Well-Known Member

#3 vfx, Jul 24, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2009
    Rhart,

Did you look fully in the section "Tesla for Sale"? It lists off cars sold on EBay and Craig's list. Sometimes the final sale is listed and you can also followeach car's sales history in Ebay.

Typically they sell for 10 percent of new. Now with only a 10 week delivery time, new buyers will wait to get exactly what they want and get the 7.5K Fed discount.

Shipping will also be a consideration.

4. qwk

qwk Model S P2681

There was two sold recently for ~95k. They were listed on Ebay for 100k+ multiple times with no bids. After a while the sellers took offers. I see the price continuing to fall, especially after Tesla ramps up production.

5. vfx

vfx Well-Known Member

You do have a 4 year warranty instead of 3 but at >#150 that might be mostly gone.

6. DDB

DDB Member

Maybe it's just me, but I think location of the vehcile is important. For a buyer in the Midwest, shipping would be expensive... But availability of a used Roadster is nill. i think there are about 3 in Ohio.

7. Xenoilphobe

Xenoilphobe Active Member

Shipping usually adds ~$500

8. flankspeed8

flankspeed8 Member

But what would that have been in 2009 dollars? :biggrin:

9. Drucifer

Drucifer Active Member

08 ? Carbon Fiber top? .....assuming a Roadster here. I think you are getting several "Model S" answers to a Roadster question.

10. ecarfan

ecarfan Well-Known Member

The OP is dated July 2009. Old thread.