Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Opinions on Chill mode?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The first point is what makes it really useful in Winter driving conditions.

Not something I worry about in Houston, though I did take Talith to Wisconsin over the holidays(documented here if anybody's interested). Before we left Houston I changed all our driver profiles to have settings such as chill mode, no folding of the mirrors, and follow-distance of 7.

The trip's how I discovered the front camera cluster is heated.

IMG_0594.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: raptor5244
I use chill mode when the roads are slippery. Lots of wet leaves, or ice/snow. The traction control is phenomenal on my LR RWD, but if I forget about the power that thing can put down, then it results in a mini heart attack moment Everytime I try to accelerate in a corner. In chill mode it's rock steady

I don't like Chill Mode, even though I'm a conservative driver. I do my own chill by modulating my right foot. But it's nice to know the full power is there when I need it for a weird merge situation or passing or things like that.

I'm willing to sell my Tesla Chill Mode. Wanna buy?

Ooooooh! I should probably be using chill mode. I've had my P3D since July 2019 and I must admit....it's scary fast and sometimes I feel like its way too much power. I dont' drive it full time and have a 1/2ton truck as my daily...so that keeps me going at a slower pace =))

I did the "stealth" pkg or more so "Sleeper" pkg....standard wheels/hubcaps, no lowering springs, no high perf brakes....I'm now realizing that it probably could use the 20" tires, lowered springs and HiPerf Brakes....but it does fine for now.

Enjoying this P3D and have a Tri-Motor Cybertruck on order too!!! I can't wait.

Reactions: BuggDDS