TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Opinions on selling stock wheels

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by docbrown, Jul 25, 2018.

1. docbrown

docbrown Member

Once I pick up my Model S, hopefully this week, I'll be installing an aftermarket set of 20 inch wheels on it. That will leave me with a stock set (19" silver slipstream) with about 15 miles on them (distance from delivery center to home). They'll include the stock tires and TPMS. A new set from Tesla is $2500 (which comes out to $625 per wheel).

I'm thinking about keeping 1 wheel as a spare, and selling the remaining 3 individually as spares. The other option is to sell all 4 as a set.

I'm looking for opinions or recommendations on which way to go, and price. Or the experience of anyone that has done this.

Thanks

2. P85_DA

P85_DA Supporting Member

Check out the parts for sale portion of forums for idea on price ...will be harder to sell individually ..most folks would want as set ...I know a lot of east coast guys like the 19s for winter ...also these are a pain to ship :(

Tesla Parts for Sale

3. Plan B

Plan B Active Member

I would keep them if you have the space to store them.

4. docbrown

docbrown Member

@Plan B , what would be a reason to keep all 4? I want 1 as a spare to throw in the back for long trips. But I live in central TX and don't have a need for a winter set. Though I have space to store them and I'm not desperate for the cash, I don't know why I would ever want more than 1 spare. But I'm open to an excuse for not having to go through the hassle of selling.

5. jelloslug

jelloslug Active Member

From ebay, it looks like a set of 4 sells for somewhere between $800 and $1500.

6. Plan B

Plan B Active Member

Mainly because you will not get that much for them when you sell them and you just never know if you will need them or not. I would keep them. You would be lucky to get $800 for them.