Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Opinions on selling stock wheels

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Once I pick up my Model S, hopefully this week, I'll be installing an aftermarket set of 20 inch wheels on it. That will leave me with a stock set (19" silver slipstream) with about 15 miles on them (distance from delivery center to home). They'll include the stock tires and TPMS. A new set from Tesla is $2500 (which comes out to $625 per wheel).

I'm thinking about keeping 1 wheel as a spare, and selling the remaining 3 individually as spares. The other option is to sell all 4 as a set.

I'm looking for opinions or recommendations on which way to go, and price. Or the experience of anyone that has done this.

Thanks

@Plan B , what would be a reason to keep all 4? I want 1 as a spare to throw in the back for long trips. But I live in central TX and don't have a need for a winter set. Though I have space to store them and I'm not desperate for the cash, I don't know why I would ever want more than 1 spare. But I'm open to an excuse for not having to go through the hassle of selling.

@Plan B , what would be a reason to keep all 4? I want 1 as a spare to throw in the back for long trips. But I live in central TX and don't have a need for a winter set. Though I have space to store them and I'm not desperate for the cash, I don't know why I would ever want more than 1 spare. But I'm open to an excuse for not having to go through the hassle of selling.

Mainly because you will not get that much for them when you sell them and you just never know if you will need them or not. I would keep them. You would be lucky to get $800 for them.