Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Opinions on Summon for my garage?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I saw an Electric Jen video where she taught her AP1 car to ignore the lip and park itself. I believe as long as the lip is <.5" tall it should do it.

I have to play around with it more tomorrow when it's not raining. My lip is definitely shorter than .5 inches so I am not sure that is even the issue, but it's the only thing I can think of that would be causing the inconsistency. I will video tape it tomorrow to show you guys.

The car can be very fussy about any impediment to motion during Summon. I've had an extension cord running across the floor be
enough to stop it. If you have a lip what I'd try is getting a triangular dowel from the hardware store and gluing it into the lip to make a
little 45 degree ramp. It doesn't need to run the full width -- just a piece 12-18" wide where each tire will cross should do. If you can't
find a triangular dowel you could try a circular one, maybe of slightly smaller diameter than the height of the lip -- still better than a
vertical step.

I really wish they'd make the sensitivity to rolling obstacles a little bit adjustable, since different people have different situations they
need to deal with. I know there's a basic safety issue here, but there's got to be some wiggle room.

Well, it turns out the lip wasn't causing my problem. I had the Narrow Driveway setting turned off. Once I turned that on, I got more consistent results. I will say that I don't trust it without watching it since it comes awful close to curbing my wheels by my pavers around my driveway.

Ok new update on Summon. It's been very unrealiable for me. Sometimes it works perfect, sometimes it doesn't and stops. I am attaching pictures of my garage and that small lip that is <.5". I am using it with auto Homelink, and I am wondering if that is causing some of my issues. It is configured for 8" clearance and 20 feet backwards.

Does anyone have any idea what might cause it to be so unreliable?

IMG_0343.JPG

IMG_0344.JPG

The car can be very fussy about any impediment to motion during Summon. I've had an extension cord running across the floor be
enough to stop it. If you have a lip what I'd try is getting a triangular dowel from the hardware store and gluing it into the lip to make a
little 45 degree ramp. It doesn't need to run the full width -- just a piece 12-18" wide where each tire will cross should do. If you can't
find a triangular dowel you could try a circular one, maybe of slightly smaller diameter than the height of the lip -- still better than a
vertical step.

I really wish they'd make the sensitivity to rolling obstacles a little bit adjustable, since different people have different situations they
need to deal with. I know there's a basic safety issue here, but there's got to be some wiggle room.

@mbhforum worth a try?