Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Opinions on window tints - Pearl White 19inch Silver Slipstream

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Im in Seattle and my installer recommended 35% on front and rear windows including the back.

I was thinking of going darker on the rear hatch, but since the interior is black, just went with his recommendation. Looks really nice and not too dark. This is the legal tint in my state so that is possibly why he suggested it.

@sumitkgarg , car looks lovely. Congrats. I have the AP1.0 while exterior and went with lighter tints on front windows to make sure cops understand I followed the rules (max California allows is 30% tint - allow 70% light on front windows).
Due to recent breakage, when I replaced my rear hatch glass, I left it without tint in order for (a) potential thief will see everthing in trunk without breaking, and (2) I wanted my rear dashcam to record everything clearly.

Just past week, I got my 19-in slipstreams powder coated at OCD - Satin black - and they look amazing on the white cars. Highly recommend doing them. $800 for all 4, and OCD has a set of wheels to loan you while they work on your wheels - excellent people!

Hello All, I used to be in the tint business a very long time ago but I just through I give my 2cents on window tint......

Assumptions:
The darker the tint, the more heat it kicks out

NOT TRUE

Make sure you get a tint that looks good on your car but remember one KEY item. You need to make sure the tint you purchase is not a "died" tint. It has to be a HIGH performance tint.

The difference:

Colored = dyed tint will fade in time
They will also in time and due to the abuse it will receive from the heat, will slowly lose its trenght and it will slowly lose its strength. This is why you see so many vehicles with the bubble tint effect.

High performance tint will not behave in this manner.

Also, high performance tint are generally made with light metal shavings....This is why the darkness of the tint really doesn't matter much. You will still get a experience and kick that heat out of your car.

Hope this helps a bit.....

And yes, installers matter HUGE. Please, please, please don't ever allow anyone to tint your TESLA in a dirty environment. When REAL tint guys work on your car, they work in a very SANITIZED area due to the small dust particles that can accumulate between the tint and your window.

Happy selection....

• Informative
Reactions: ishareit and Yoona
Mine took a little over 3 hours for one guy to install who is very well regarded in Seattle area. Perhaps if they have several people working simultaneously on the car or software precutting the tint, it can be done in an hour. Otherwise, 1 hour seems really fast.

@sumitkgarg , car looks lovely. Congrats. I have the AP1.0 while exterior and went with lighter tints on front windows to make sure cops understand I followed the rules (max California allows is 30% tint - allow 70% light on front windows).
Due to recent breakage, when I replaced my rear hatch glass, I left it without tint in order for (a) potential thief will see everthing in trunk without breaking, and (2) I wanted my rear dashcam to record everything clearly.

Just past week, I got my 19-in slipstreams powder coated at OCD - Satin black - and they look amazing on the white cars. Highly recommend doing them. $800 for all 4, and OCD has a set of wheels to loan you while they work on your wheels - excellent people!
Thanks @phaduman . Btw here is a new picture with the grey turbines and front license plate removed.

IMG_7112.JPG