Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Opinions wanted about buying a car that was refused previously

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello Group!

So I was calling all the Tesla delivery centers near my area and was asking is there’s any refusal vehicle available that I can maybe purchase instead of going through months of waiting. One location had one that is different color to what my original order. I asked the Tesla adviser how did it become a refused car. He simply explained that the car had a headlight damage from a transport process. It got fixed from a certified auto shop service for $2,700 all paid by Tesla. Car has 50 miles on it and listed as brand new. When I asked how much of a price adjustment they were willing to give me they listed it for $1,800 and it is ready right away.

I am asking if this is a steal? Okay deal? Not so so?

Thank you Group!

If it were me and I really needed the car at this moment (not willing to wait several more months), yes, I would accept it (with the stated discount). The car will be "new". It will still have the original 4 year/50000 mile warranty.

Not really the same, but I had a similar event when I received my 2000 BMW 323i. It was ordered over the internet (CarOrder.com) and they sourced it from a dealership in L.A. The original delivery date was delayed a couple of weeks but CarOrder.com didn't tell me exactly why. A couple of years later when I was at a local BMW dealer getting service done on the car, they printed out all of the work that was done previously to the car. The first entry was from the port of entry saying that the front bumper was repaired (replaced?). I never knew about it and couldn't tell it wasn't "original".