Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Opportunity Console - New Photos, Poll

This is how I'd like my Model S configured

• No console, keep it open

Votes: 84 14.3%
  • Somewhere for bits and bobs

Votes: 343 58.2%
  • My phone needs a home

Votes: 303 51.4%
  • Give me somewhere for the 'big-gulp'

Votes: 158 26.8%
  • Forget seat 5, give me more in the back

Votes: 110 18.7%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I would also like to know whatever became of this:

Cubby below the cubby.jpg

The cubby/drink holder below the cubby. Hmmmmm.

I'm kind of surprised nobody has posted this yet, but I got the following email from Tesla a couple days ago:

Dear Tesla Model S Owner,

You are receiving this note because you are on the Tesla Model S Premium Center Console wait list.

We understand that the wait has been long and frustrating for many of you. We appreciate your patience and would like to offer the console to you at a special discounted aftermarket wait list price. The pricing is as follows:

Piano Black: $600
Obeche Matte: $650
Obeche Gloss: $650
Lacewood: $650
Carbon Fiber: $800

Wait list members will also be offered the iPhone 5/S lightning cable dock kit or the micro USB dock kit at no additional charge. There will not be a dock kit available for phones that use other charging cables (iPhone 4, etc.).

We are excited to announce that we have the first console samples installed in our Model S and we are going forward with production. The production rate will take some time to ramp up and the first few batches of consoles will be small. There are over 1100 people on the wait list. In the next couple of weeks we will start sending out emails to those at the top of the wait list with links to place orders for the console, and we will begin delivering the first batch of consoles shortly after that.

We do not have the exact delivery timing for each wait list entry so please bear with us as we work our way down the wait list and send out ordering information as more consoles become available. Generally speaking, those that were placed on the wait list after August are unlikely to receive a console before the end of the year. When production has ramped up we expect to have consoles available to order for everyone on the wait list by January and February of next year.

All available information regarding pricing, options and delivery timing is contained in this email. It is not necessary to reply to this email as we have all the information from you that we need and we do have not more details available at this time.

Thank you again for your patience and have a happy holidays.

Kind Regards,

image001.gif

http://shop.teslamotors.com

I reserved mine in the end of October so I won't be getting mine anytime soon. I'm hoping some of the early adopters come on here and post pictures. If you are interested, I would sign up now as it may get more expensive after it becomes generally available.

Here's a brief write up from one of the Edmunds' editors on a friend's MS that had the console installed.

Short version - he had issues with the fit and finish to the point that he had TM uninstall it and give him a refund. He also notes that the iPhone lightning dock doesn't fit with any case on the phone. It doesn't say when he got it, so perhaps this was an early release, and TM decided to do some further re-engineering, which is why the rollout has been much slower than the initial email from late last year indicated.

http://www.edmunds.com/tesla/model-...013-tesla-model-s-premium-center-console.html

Here's a brief write up from one of the Edmunds' editors on a friend's MS that had the console installed.

Short version - he had issues with the fit and finish to the point that he had TM uninstall it and give him a refund. He also notes that the iPhone lightning dock doesn't fit with any case on the phone. It doesn't say when he got it, so perhaps this was an early release, and TM decided to do some further re-engineering, which is why the rollout has been much slower than the initial email from late last year indicated.

http://www.edmunds.com/tesla/model-...013-tesla-model-s-premium-center-console.html
Thanx for the link and review!

Reading this makes me want to cancel my order. I wonder if I can check out the finish of the product before they actually install it. As it stands, I was charged $800 for an item that has been sitting for weeks at my local service center awaiting parts. I'm already a little miffed about that.

The review is not consistent with the comments here from users. Hopefully, it was just a bad unit.

Reading this makes me want to cancel my order. I wonder if I can check out the finish of the product before they actually install it. As it stands, I was charged $800 for an item that has been sitting for weeks at my local service center awaiting parts. I'm already a little miffed about that.

You're not alone. I even reached out for an update on what's happening and got silence in return.

You're not alone. I even reached out for an update on what's happening and got silence in return.

I emailed sales yesterday. They refunded the $800 and told me they would let me know the moment the console is ready to install. They said the refund will not affect my place in line and I would be charged again once the product is ready. They said to look for an update in the next 2 weeks, with product installation likely to be available shortly thereafter.

I asked the service advisor at the SC about the insert last week when I brought my MS in for tire rotation and to get the new shields installed. He heard there were over 4,500 on the waiting list for it, however due to quality issues in the initial production batch, they were going back to re-engineer it and the new target date is sometime in May.

Rear Seat Console

I would really like one of these rear seat console's!!!!

This weekend Tesla will be displaying the first prototypes of the "Opportunity Console" elements for us to see. These are not yet finalized, so they're looking for our feedback and suggestions.

Update: Here are the photos:

Console 1: Shelf
View attachment 7089
View attachment 7090

Console 2: Phone slot
View attachment 7091
View attachment 7092
View attachment 7093

Console 3: Cupholders
View attachment 7095
View attachment 7094

Rear console:
View attachment 7096

(Please accept our apologies if we remove one of your posts asking for the photos)