Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Opposition to Mars

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I doubt that that humans can live long term, much less reproduce in other than 1.0G

Well astronauts, cosmonauts, taikonauts and spationauts have all managed every other bodily function in less than 1g

And there's a mile-high club already, so all it needs is a few extra zeros...10 miles...1000 miles... 100,000 miles... 100,000,000 miles.

I'm sure there will be people willing to-boldly......

Spacex are going to have to devise some regulations for this - just as airlines have to deal with...er...snakes on a plane.

Otherwise the company will get a reputation for allowing Spa-cex

Re: Reproduction in <1G
Well astronauts, cosmonauts, taikonauts and spationauts have all managed every other bodily function in less than 1g

And there's a mile-high club already, so all it needs is a few extra zeros...10 miles...1000 miles... 100,000 miles... 100,000,000 miles.

I'm sure there will be people willing to-boldly......

Spacex are going to have to devise some regulations for this - just as airlines have to deal with...er...snakes on a plane.

Otherwise the company will get a reputation for allowing Spa-cex
I'm not so sure that there are a lot of people willing to risk unknown chances of pregnancy problems, still births, and deformed babies on a lark.

I'm not so sure that there are a lot of people willing to risk unknown chances of pregnancy problems, still births, and deformed babies on a lark.

Lark?

I thought this was the next great adventure? The people who go will be willing to embrace risk of the unknown.

If they are really, really lucky they won't have TV advertising out there to scare the enthusiasm out of them.

Sure, Elton may be right and Mars ain't the kind of place to raise your kids, but isn't settling in a New World what we do?

I was searching Youtube during lunch and found this. I thought it was recent, but from the comments it's from 2011. It was fun to watch them discuss the possibilities and then bring up Elon and SpaceX. It's only been 6 years, but SpaceX has accomplished a lot and I think it's a testament to what they will do in the future. This is no time for doubt, only dreams that come true.